What's new

Strongest Synthetic Brush?

That one has medium firm backbone, I'd say. Similar to the Boss/Gamechanger knots. The tips are very soft, as most synthetics are. It's a nice compromise. Not too soft, not too firm.

If you go too firm on the synthetic brushes, they don't splay out very easily and are not so comfortable to use. You would probably not like to use a nylon scrub brush on your face.
Point well taken. But, I do more face “painting” than “scrubbing”...if that makes a difference.

I just got the best bowl in the world for making lather. The problem is that it’s a little rough on my brushes.

Can anyone suggest the strongest synthetic brush... or at least one with enough backbone to handle this:

View attachment 1259416
Thanks!
Is the problem with your brush or your bowl?

That looks like a bowl printed using PLA, but I could be mistaken. If it is PLA, maybe you can smooth the interior using fine-grit sandpaper. You may want to do a bit of research on the subject. Even then, I would practice on a part not usually visible such as the bottom of the bowl. Good luck.

That looks like a bowl printed using PLA, but I could be mistaken. If it is PLA, maybe you can smooth the interior using fine-grit sandpaper. You may want to do a bit of research on the subject. Even then, I would practice on a part not usually visible such as the bottom of the bowl. Good luck.
I LOVE the bowl...It makes the best lather ever. I just need a brush that can keep up with it! 💪🏻

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks

Agree, looks printed, smooth it over with some sanding paper

Like this?

Yaqi Brown Synthetic Shaving Brush, Rainbow Handle-West Coast Shaving
That one will do nicely. Long handle too. Can't go wrong with that brush.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Having dedicated brushes for a particular bowl sounds silly to me. Not to mention that there is no guarantee those brushes will last as long as you expect them to last.
The way I would approach this is to alter the "best bowl in the world" so its ridges will not damage any brushes. If one can accept the fact that it is not the sharp edges that make this bowl to be the best in the world.
Like other sensible people here suggested, take some sandpaper and smooth out those six ridges inside the bowl. It will take you how long? 6min?
I would also write a feedback to the manufacturer of the "world's best bowl".
But then... go ahead and buy all those brushes. Have fun.

Having dedicated brushes for a particular bowl sounds silly to me. Not to mention that there is no guarantee those brushes will last as long as you expect them to last.
The way I would approach this is to alter the "best bowl in the world" so its ridges will not damage any brushes. If one can accept the fact that it is not the sharp edges that make this bowl to be the best in the world.
Like other sensible people here suggested, take some sandpaper and smooth out those six ridges inside the bowl. It will take you how long? 6min?
I would also write a feedback to the manufacturer of the "world's best bowl".
But then... go ahead and buy all those brushes. Have fun.
I sanded the bowl down and alerted the printer about the issue.

Top Bottom