What's new

straight razors section gaining steam

sorry but can you tell me how is using oil on a coti or gold dollar razors are a threat to their business? just can not see it myself.
most SR shavers will buy many razors I don't see how a gold dollar or two could impact on them and oil on coti? If anything it may sell more cotis.

FYI I am not banned there, don't bash anyone there but find their site just lacking something for me (B&B is my site of choice), as always YMMV
could part of what they are lacking is the freedom to debate a new technique or product etc without the risk of being kicked out?
I have no idea why I was banned. I was having a nice back and forth discussion with Glenn-next thing I know banned.

Legion

Staff member
Guy's, Bongs OP was intended as a pat on the back for all the members here for building our site and section into the great place it is, not as an opportunity to bash other sites. I understand several of you have strong feelings on this subject, but if we are going to continue this thread lets do it in the spirit in which it was intended.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Guy's, Bongs OP was intended as a pat on the back for all the members here for building our site and section into the great place it is, not as an opportunity to bash other sites. I understand several of you have strong feelings on this subject, but if we are going to continue this thread lets do it in the spirit in which it was intended.

Thanks David!

Nah, look back I striked his text
The best ̶s̶t̶r̶a̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ razor forum on the internets is right here.

I do believe this is the best razor forum-period

Ahhh. Now I understand. But I didn't see the strike through.

Last edited by a moderator:

your right david... we were simply pointing out that B&B is superior because it is NOT a shill front for a business that ejects anyone with a different view... but instead it is a melting pot where you can have an opinion....

the people here are warm and helpful and with greybeard being here the depth of knowledge is damn near endless....

sorry for my part of the bashing of that other place.......

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
your right david... we were simply pointing out that B&B is superior because it is NOT a shill front for a business that ejects anyone with a different view... but instead it is a melting pot where you can have an opinion....

the people here are warm and helpful and with greybeard being here the depth of knowledge is damn near endless....

sorry for my part of the bashing of that other place.......

Right. It is not a question of the other place being inferior, but of this place being superior.

Of course, that still means BnB is better than the other place. Just a nicer way of saying it!

Personally, I have only glanced at other sites, and that was early in my wet shaving adventure. B&B was where I felt the most comfortable, the most kindred spirits, and where I have since received a ton of help and support. More to the point, this site and this section of it convinced me to take up the straight, and I am glad I did.

Personally, I have only glanced at other sites, and that was early in my wet shaving adventure. B&B was where I felt the most comfortable, the most kindred spirits, and where I have since received a ton of help and support. More to the point, this site and this section of it convinced me to take up the straight, and I am glad I did.

Your experience and sentiment echo's mine entirely. As a newbie to straights, I have also found the straight shaving journals to be unique to this site and extremely helpful and encouraging.

The straight section a couple years back didn't have alot of new posts everyday. Nowadays, it is a bustling beehive of activity.

Top Bottom