What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I think I smell some interesting cross-overs coming soon...

Eau de Barrista*, Java Man* soaps, aftershaves predicted to sell out quickly!

/No free refills....
*Decaf' available on request.

I just received an email with this information, prompting me to check the forums to see if anyone else noticed. I agree with them; coffee goes great with a morning shave. However, since I roast my own, and roasted about 4 pounds today (1800 grams), I am unlikely to try their coffee. However, I am anxious to hear how those that do try it like the results.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I guess it's a decent tie in, but I also feel like the "custom coffee" ship sailed a decade or two ago.

I’m puzzled by this. They’re a soap company. I love their soaps, splashes, balms, lotions, butters, fragrances, etc, etc. All related to the same knowledge base. I don’t see the connection to coffee.

And coffee is a whole ‘nother area of knowledge and expertise. I’ve searched long and hard for a couple of suppliers I’m happy with.

Although I love Stirling, I have no basis to expect their ability to select and roast(?) coffee would be in the same league as their existing products.

Not in.

To be fair - I also wouldn’t be tempted to buy shaving products from my favorite coffee roaster ......

I have been using it for a few weeks (unscented). I like it a lot. It's not as thick/sticky/crumbly as some balms while still offering some hold. It's good for taming flyaways but not really for styling. I think of it as a daytime conditioner for the beard. Definitely worth trying, especially if you're ordering from them anyway (I really like their bar soaps as well).

I think they were always interested in roasting coffee as this has been a multi-year project in progress. For me, I love freshly brewed coffee in the morning and I love shaving so it works out.

That said, I picked up couple of their coffee, Guatemala and India.

Stirling Coffee.jpg

I've only tried Guatemala so far. I'm sipping on it currently.

It has a nice scent? to it. I prefer it over store bought coffee for sure but I wouldn't say it's my favorite. It seems like a decent choice so far. I don't quite get the berry/tart/pecan notes but it's probably because I don't know how to differentiate coffee; it's either I like it or I don't, haha. It's not too sour/acidic and it's nicely balanced.

I probably will grab couple more coffee in the future along with my shaving stuff. I enjoy it and I hope the best for them moving forward.

2B8DFB28-85DE-49FA-AB5C-88513C1B8015.jpeg

My most recent order from Stirling. The candy cane bath soap sample was a freebie. The other 2 samples were ones that I wanted to try but not get a full tub of

Anyone have experience with both stirling shaving soap and their body soap? Are they the same scent? I have been wanting to try the stirling line for some time but currently have about 4-6 months of shaving soaps left. So to get an idea for the scent I bought bars of body soap from top of the chain.
I’ve tried some of the body soaps; the stirling gentlemen was an excellent scent I could see myself using every day. Ben Franklin was very old school, probably a good recreation of what gentleman smelled like back then? Bit spicy. Tried obsidian today and was expecting a strong menthol cooling feeling but shiiiiiit! Very strong menthol! Smelled very strong of black liquorice afterwards in the bathroom! My wife liked the smell on me but didn’t like the way the room next to the bathroom smelt. Additionally, having a high menthol body soap should be used sparingly around sensitive areas...
other soaps reviews to come

I had a shave with Stirling sheep last night. Super creamy lather that provided excellent slickness. There is a bit of a base smell but only by a little. I just picked up a full tub of sheep as well. Really can't go wrong with Stirling soaps.

Top Bottom