What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Gents, I stand corrected!

In deed, it was the lack of water.

So today I took my time and added some more water and boom - one of the best shaves I had in a long time. 😊

Thank you all for all the help.
Nice. Stirling is one of the thirstiest out there so it loves water. Glad you got a better result.

I got a couple sample bath soap bars from Stirling and tried them both and was very happy with their lather and the slickness of my skin after my shower. Scents are mild and don’t normally last very long. I purchased the liquid body soap and enjoy it more than the bars. We have soft water and the liquid lathers even better than the bars. A bottle of the liquid body soap lasts for around two months. My favorite scent is Sharp Dressed Man.

I actually just came off using Proraso products, mostly green and red hard creams, for the better part of a year, if not longer. I can safely say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Stirling is on another level, especially in terms of skin care. The beef tallow leaves my face soft and moisturized well until my next shave, and I now shave every other day because I've started enjoying it so much more. One of few products I can honestly say I was thrilled to use the first time. The aftershave splash does it's job, but the balm is excellent and certainly worthy of mention.

This isn't a knock on Proraso, they certainly get the job done and I still consider the pre/post to be a great moisturizer and may keep it my rotation for that reason.

I actually just came off using Proraso products, mostly green and red hard creams, for the better part of a year, if not longer. I can safely say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Stirling is on another level, especially in terms of skin care. The beef tallow leaves my face soft and moisturized well until my next shave, and I now shave every other day because I've started enjoying it so much more. One of few products I can honestly say I was thrilled to use the first time. The aftershave splash does it's job, but the balm is excellent and certainly worthy of mention.

This isn't a knock on Proraso, they certainly get the job done and I still consider the pre/post to be a great moisturizer and may keep it my rotation for that reason.
My journey was very similar - I've started with Proraso RED soap (not cream) and TBH it's a great performer for the money. My issue was that the A/S splash was too powdery, floral for me, I didn't like it. I also experimented with Proraso White soap and I can confidently say it's an inferior product, as the lather dries out very fast. It is practically unusable for the 2nd, 3rd pass.

As for Stirling, I am now blooming the soap every time I shave and it's working great. As mentioned above, the A/S splash is alright, but the balm is phenomenal.

TBH, I dumped the entire soap jar in the sink filled with hot water, along with my brush. Took a shower and that was that. Worked like a charm. :cool:
This made me laugh. Talk about blooming your soaps! I bet you had one hydrated shave.

I have several Stirling soaps (including Sharp Dressed Man) and I really enjoy using them when they come up in my rotation. I have any number of top tier soaps to choose from and I often choose Stirling. What a great product and great company! When I use Sharp Dressed Man, I like to think about the history of the scent. As I understand it, the original scent was developed by Creed under the name Green Irish Tweed. "Creed's Green Irish Tweed was created for Cary Grant and later worn by Richard Gere, Robert Redford, Quincy Jones, Prince Charles and Clint Eastwood. This is an elegant, rich, sporty scent with notes of sandalwood, Florentine iris, herbaceous clover, French verbena, violet leaves and ambergris." Cary Grant wore it and I would have to say he would be the epitome of the Sharp Dressed Man:

From the Creed website:
Creed Green Irish Tweed

A classic, as the old adage tells us, never goes out of style. Like a perfectly tailored suit, Green Irish Tweed has been and continues to be worn by confident men at the peak of their field. The fragrance elegantly combines woody freshness and pure masculinity, equally suited to a stroll through the Irish countryside and a strut down the red carpet. One of Creed's best-selling scents, to wear it is to be unforgettable.
TOP NOTES
Lemon, Verbena from India, Peppermint

MIDDLE NOTES
Violet Leaves

BASE NOTES
Florentine Irish, Sandalwood, Ambergris

The body butter is great for those who haven't tried it. I was using CeraVe before. A little goes a long way, I always apply right after the shower while my skin is still damp.

I honestly think my skin has improved a bit since using only Stirling products. My face has more of a glow, people have even commented. I also added more fat to my diet, so that could be it, too...

Good fats do wonders for the skin. That's why Stirling has beef tallow, that's good stuff right there.

I ordered nine more Stirling bath soaps just yesterday. And four more large bottles of his hand sanitizer. I love both these products, but have not been able to create good lathers with his shaving soaps.

I ordered 9 different ones awhile back. Pretty good so far. Another rabbit hole, my favorite period so far is by Bedu . Triple milled awesome news. Cheap and good , oat and almond Yardley at dollar tree. Lavender isn't good imo. Bar soap guy on YT is entertaining as well.

Just used Arkadia for the first time this morning with a sample.
True to Stirling the lather was quick to build, creamy, slick and post shave my skin was hydrated and soft. I have their Barbershop and just enjoy shaving with it.
The scent for me is awesome but I'm trying to place the scent.
Kinda gives me the smell of citrus, cedar & vetiver - it's really nice.
Dunno, though still trying to figure it all out but I like it!
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Great review!! :a29:

(I don’t need another soap!! I don’t ‘need’ another soap!! I really don’t need another soap! :a13:)

From stirling

Scent Description

This scent has top notes of Orange and Grapefruit, middle notes of Black Pepper and Pelargonium (Geranium), and base notes of Patchouli, Cedar, Vetiver, and Vanilla. It's elegant, grassy, and amazingly provocative.

Inspired by Terre d'Hermes

Top Bottom