What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Rod is such a good dude. I'm sitting in my office waiting for a physical therapy receptionist to call me back to confirm if I can come in for an appointment, and even though its not totally related it just makes you realize how much you appreciate it when someone provides great customer service.

Good to hear good things about Stirling Soaps. Having just heard of them and having just ordered two soaps, I'm anxious for them to arrive. The first two of possibly many.

I must be from the days of olde.......I have more than one mug filled with a puck and many a dried spider web that I still use. Is it a posh shave worthy of Royalty? For this sackcloth clad peasant in his forever servitude, I don't think I would recognize the difference. But the stubble still goes away, nonetheless. We won't talk about the hanging flaps of skin that end up dangling from my neck.

Good to hear good things about Stirling Soaps. Having just heard of them and having just ordered two soaps, I'm anxious for them to arrive. The first two of possibly many.

Be warned: their good price and great product tend to have a “wallet lightening” effect. :001_302::a17:

Stirling has it going with quality shave gear plus top notch customer service. I have come to expect nothing less from Rod and Mandy, but it's nice that @kjbarth post his experience to remind us all. It's easy to chase after all the new and shiny artisans, but we shouldn't forget the consistency of companies like Stirling!

I recently bought Sterling’s Barbershop soap after not using their soap for about a year and I just can’t put the stuff down. Great performer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love B&M Terror but it’s my maximum coldness. How do Stirling Glacial soaps compare? I have the menthol Iced Pineapple and Black Ice, both of which I like a lot, but I wouldn’t mind a little colder.

So, I've never tried Terror but glacial is cold, like burn your face cold! I did not expect it and was taken a back. I've tried cryogen and that makes your cry because of there menthol but glacial was different. No tears but I think it may be colder. At any rate it's up there with cryogen in terms of chill. It lasts longer than cryogen as well. I used the spearmint. As always, ymmv!

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
^Stirling Glacial splashes are way colder than Osage Rub. Haven’t tried Terror.
Terror uses a synthetic menthol. The soap is not that bad. The aftershave splash is another story. If you can live with your face cold 4 or 5 hours after applied, and if you stroke your face in that time period and it gets in your eyes you will be in pain, it's the stuff for you.

I had to get accustomed to Glacial. First bout resulted in tears and multiple cuts because I couldn’t feel my face. Subsequent uses became more enjoyable. It went from miserable to almost right. Still cold.

I think the Stirling Glacial's have a really good level of freezing. They really hit that sweet spot in hot weather. Tried a Cryogen sample fairly recently, it was probably a little colder than Glacial and the aftershave is a nice slap in the face. Wish the cryogen had more scent to it, but oh well. Looking forward to trying Terror. To those that have tried it, does it have much scent to it or mostly just that freeze?

Top Bottom