What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Thanks. I’ve thought about the Cremo, saw they also have an unscented version. What scent does the red color (original) have?

Proraso is a nice suggestion- hasn’t thought about that one, as I’ve always gotten it in the tub, not the tube. I suppose I can get myself a tube of it- I think it might go well with the MITA.

What about AOS unscented cream?

Try out Cremo in the red color. Not unscented but it’s the best I’ve found at making a super lather.
+1 - I use a dab of Cremo with Williams every day and I get super lather, super slick and with good cushion. Have used it with a puck of Van Derhagen too with the same results.
I would like to try it with a Stirling soap or any other as it probably would be awesome.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rod and Mandy are great people. I truly feel good about making purchases from them because I’m supporting a great artisan that works hard and lives and breathes what they do. The breadth and quantity of their product offerings speaks volumes to that.

As already mentioned above, Cremo is excellent for making a super lather.
EBEC067F-AF9B-44CF-87E2-6C38535E0AA7.jpeg

I may be the odd man out here, but I love using Taylor Of Old Bond Street cream for super lathers. In my humble opinion, it’s one of the best creams on the market. It’s also what made me transition from canned goo and disposables.
8B260085-A1A4-4E67-8B0D-9EB8D36D1CDC.jpeg

No matter what cream or soap comes and goes, I always have a tub of TOOBS cream on hand. I love the stuff.

Rod and Mandy are great people. I truly feel good about making purchases from them because I’m supporting a great artisan that works hard and lives and breathes what they do. The breadth and quantity of their product offerings speaks volumes to that.
They are also both US Army Veterans I do believe. Another big reason I support them besides their great products. I've also read somewhere about them naming their company after the town of Stirling in Scotland. Stirling is home to the great battlefields where William Wallace (the Braveheart warrior) fought the British trying to secure Scotland's independence. Very historic area.

My only soap now. I use 6 in a rotation including Black Cherry. Sharp Dressed Man is also great. If you like a Barber Shop smell with a hint of powder they have that too. Of course the preformance and slickness is second to none.

I’ve used a lot of different soaps over the years, but somehow I have just never gotten to Sterling soaps. Worse still, every time I’m reminded of Sterling, I’m already soap heavy! So I finally figured to heck with it, i’ll grab some of their samples and let the soaps sway me one way or another. I ordered 4 soap samples along with their aftershaves.

I got:

View attachment 979358

AND... And I got the Cherry Coke. Ok, the Black Cherry. I thought I’d simply put it in a bowl for tomorrow’s shave. The first thing I noted was the soap is super soft!

View attachment 979357

But man! As soon as I cut through the packaging... the scent! It’s AWESOME! Are all Sterling soaps this beautifully scented (the other three are still wrapped, and will be until it’s “time.”)? I really hope this stuff shaves well too because this scent just does it for me. My wife went ga-ga as well.

Tell me about your experience with Sterling. Am I going to be wishing I’d done this earlier? Or will the excitement ware off after I use it to shave?

Cherry Coke?!!
Great!!

Cherry Coke is Warren Buffet's favorite!!

proxy.php

Hello All

First time caller, long time listener situation here. I have been reading and learning from these forums for years. I think this is my first post.

I recently purchased a number of samples from Stirling Soap Company. Excellent products.

One of the samples I got was Varen. I absolutely love this soap. I am not sure why this scent intrigues me so much, but I really like it.

After using it the first time I started poking around online to see what others thought of it. I cannot seem to find any other opinions, or even reviews. In fact a lot of vendors do not even seem to carry it. Is this a newer Stirling product? Has anyone else used this soap? How about the matching AS? Is the scent close to the soap?

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't tried they scent, but I have used others from Stirling. I found each to be excellent, both in terms of quality and scent.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well, what brush(s)type and/or brand or model works best for you when you use Stirling soaps?

What methods do you use? Do you lather it in their green tub, in hand, put a dollop in a different bowl, or other??

I'm wondering because I have a couple of their soaps in the full size & sample size, and I don't feel I'm getting the type of lather I should be, so I wonder if it's the brush, technique, or not enough/too much water, etc.?

I'm looking for various opinions and maybe some tips. I have checked out the Lather Wiki also. Good tutorial over there, but I can't seem to recreate the results found there with my brush and Stirling combo.

Oh, and yes, I'm using the Stirling Synthetic 2-Band Brush - 24mm x 56mm. (I have an Omega 10083 boar brush that I have not tried out yet.)

Thanks

I have no issues using any of the three brush types I have with Sterling; Badger, boar, or synthetic (wife uses the synthetic and has no complaints). I think whatever brush you prefer will work well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I face leather exclusively, so for the Stirling, because it's a nice wide tub, I usually use a Chubby 2 or a 2-band 26mm Thater or Shavemac.

I keep my synthetics for travel, and as it's in dopp there is no room for a big tub. Usually a tube or stick when traveling.

But big badger is the way to go.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Well, what brush(s)type and/or brand or model works best for you when you use Stirling soaps?

What methods do you use? Do you lather it in their green tub, in hand, put a dollop in a different bowl, or other??

I'm wondering because I have a couple of their soaps in the full size & sample size, and I don't feel I'm getting the type of lather I should be, so I wonder if it's the brush, technique, or not enough/too much water, etc.?

I'm looking for various opinions and maybe some tips. I have checked out the Lather Wiki also. Good tutorial over there, but I can't seem to recreate the results found there with my brush and Stirling combo.

Oh, and yes, I'm using the Stirling Synthetic 2-Band Brush - 24mm x 56mm. (I have an Omega 10083 boar brush that I have not tried out yet.)

Thanks

Welcome to B&B, Sir CallMe!

In my experience, never any problem lathering with any combo of Stirling soap and badger brush!!

stirling shave soaps.jpg

Top Bottom