What's new

Stewardship

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I know I'm among many many dog lovers here. It is my belief that as men and women humans we are here to take care of each other and the animals we bring into our lives. We are all stewards . . . not here on B&B but in our day to day lives. Today it was my day to prevent suffering by "putting asleep" my 12 year old friend Max. I'll not go into details other that to say that he was the smartest kindest most protective dog I've ever known. My one point here is that we need to take care of our pets and that includes making very very tough choices.

My wife and I have a huge hole in our lives and huge amounts of happy memories.

I hope this helps someone when the time comes.

Mike

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
These are members of the family, with all the good and bad that it brings.
Likewise, they are missed when their time is done.

Condolences to you my friend.

I agree, pets are family without a doubt. I feel for both of you. Never an easy decision, but if it eases suffering, then it is right and the best thing to to do.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My grandfather had an Airedale that was deeply devoted to him. When my grandfather died, I was 18 and the dog was 7. That dog went downhill after he died, and 3 months later we had to put him down. His heart was broken, and he would not recover. I haven't owned a dog since- it is just too painful

Pet weedle their way in and become more family then family. I feel for you Mike, we have had to do the ultimate act of kindness far to many times in the past year. Either Dog, Cat (our choice of furry relative), or other, it does not matter. Remember the good times.

I said goodbye to a dear friend last year. It's never easy, but the right thing to do is never the easy thing. They do leave quite a mark on our hearts.

Every moment of every chance I get I love my yorkie. I find ways to love him more and more. I was just telling my girlfriend today that as I changed my iPhone screen pic to the pic of him the day we brought him home, it pained me because he isn't that adorable pup anymore. He's only 3 and is pampered better that any child I know but still, if ever I want to slow down a clock, it's with him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you tonight and the days ahead.

Deepest sympathies,

- DC

$Steve and Jake 2005 - 002.jpg

I had to put my buddy Jake to sleep two and a half years ago. I still miss him a lot, and think of him often. He was an SPCA shelter rescue, and I swear he knew, and appreciated every day he had with my wife and I. Our pets are definitely part of our family, and it's not easy to lose them. My heart goes out to you and your family.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It's a tough time that all pet owners go through. It sounds like you've come to terms with your feelings, grieving for him is natural, I usually am devastated. Give it a little time and then make sure to fill that hole in your lives with another wonderful animal. Sympathies given from another devoted pet lover, sorry for your loss.

My Roxy is eight years old now and the thought of her leaving me brings me to tears just thinking about it. Dogs truly are man's best friend.

No exaggeration, my eyes are watering a little just typing this post. Sheesh. I'm not a TV watcher, but if I'm over at a friend's and that commercial comes on with Sarah Maclaughlin (spelling?), I have to leave the room or just tune it out completely.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Mike:
I'm very sorry to hrear about Max and I know your pain because when our cat Minka had passed many years ago after 15yrs with the Mrs. & I...we were 'crushed' because she was such a big part of our family.

You have our sympathies and take care my Friend!!!!

Sorry to hear this. I am a huge dog lover and and know how you feel as I have been there. It is a tough reality of being a dog owner knowing that their lives are so short compared to ours.

Mike:

My condolences to you and yours on your loss of a furry member of the family. Remember, Max will be waiting for you all when you cross the bridge.

Don

Sorry for the loss. It's funny how these pets never really ask for anything, other than food, water and a walk now and then. It's amazing how quickly they become a part of you life, never judge you and always love you no matter what.

The Rainbow Bridge Story

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow bridge.
When an animal who has been especially close to someone dies, that pet goes to the Rainbow bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

Animals who were ill are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are whole and strong again - just as we remember them from the days and times gone by
The animals are happy and content, except for one thing...they miss someone very special to them. The person they left behind.

All of the animals run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
...You have been spotted.

And when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion...never to be parted again.
Happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet.
So long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow bridge together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom