What's new

Stahly Owners- Update & Question...

If you looked at the Stahly disassembly & repair thread, and if you own a Stahly: I'm getting a quote from Hunter Springs for manufacturing new power springs. Obviously, more is cheaper, and it still may not be cheap, but, in any case...

If you own a Stahly and want/need a new power spring (your Stahly is really, really weak on the vibe, or the winding knob turns & turns with no resistance), and if you'll let me know what you consider a "fair" price for the spring, I'll organize a group-buy. No secret deals, once they call me back, ya'll are more than free to call them too. Hunter Springs, division of Amtec: http://www.ametekhunterspring.com/products/product.cfm?ProductCategory_ID=4220&Product_Id=974

If anyone has CAD/CAM ability and experience, owns a Stahly, and has the time, energy, and interest to save a group more than few bucks, I'd be delighted to send you my disassembled razor for dimensional info (arbor size, locktab radii, etc..)

Is it worth it? Dunno. I've killed every windmill I ever went for, tho'...:001_smile

Would you consider installing the spring as well? Just spitballing, $10 to have a dead Stahly brought back to life (parts and labour, postage extra) sounds about right to me.

I'm hoping to be able to hit that.:biggrin1: My suspicion is that I'm going to have to pay a couple hundred up front, for them to turn a mandrel, cut a few test springs, and make a current production spec package.

I may be up for that- I'll have to see. In any case, I'm going to try to get a handful of new springs, and make them available for reasonable cost.+/- $10-15 was my hope, I should know sometime next week...

Top Bottom