What's new

Special soaps

A cream that is always special to me and I use quite often is JM Fraser’s. I like the scent and the fact that it comes in a one pound tub. It reminds of the going to the barbershop when I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only "discontinued" soap I have on hand is Vito's tallow, and that's been discontinued so recently it's still for sale in some places.

My special soap the original formulation of Lea Classic puck (with tallow), and I was lucky to get about 10 of them before they changed the formulation.

Wonderful soap!
I had 15 pucks at one stage but that was overkill so now I'm down to 4.

I find LEA classic tallow performs much like MWF (they are both unique in this regard). I have 6 pucks of MWF stashed away too.

Here are a few of the hundreds of soaps i have tried that i would consider "Special" in some way.
20191119_090139.jpg

Wet The Face Christmas Time- excellent Pine/Basalm/Fir scent. A artisan you dont hear enough about on the fourms but top notch stuff.

Soap Smooth War Blend- got this off BST a while back and have really grown to love this stuff. Mentholated Men's Aquatic cologne scent. Comes in a HUGE 8oz (weighs over 9oz) metal tin like HTGAM.

Royal London- Vintage Soap i found at a local Antique store. Practically no info on this brand but it comes in a cool container and amazing Vintage Tallow goodness.

CB322- usually reserved for Holidays due to occult significance. Strange rot Vetiver scent.

Ellegant Rose English Rose- discovered this hidden gem at last years Maggard Meet. Excellent performance and smooth natural scents. Locally made here in Michigan.

Gustafsons (Square One Soapworks)- this is a soap i did not have much hope for at first as the original Gustafsons Formula was terrible IMO, but this stuff has a special place in my heart. Whips up a creamy lather with no bubbles, nice natural interesting scents as well.

Tiki Forugere Vegan- LOVE the old Vegan Tiki soap base. Simple ingredients but amazing performance. Clean fresh green Fougere scent.
Ballenclaugh Hot Barrel Rose- really like B&C soaps, Chris is a master of unusual scents sinilar to B&M when it comes to originality. Performance is top notch as well.

Grooming Dept- this one is the ultimate Fall scent (along with Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash) GD is among the best of the best performance wise IMO.

Top Bottom