What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 23mm Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Maxterpiece: 7/8" Geo. Wostenholm IXL "Celebrated", 1/2 Hollow Ground, Barber's Notch (w/ Black G10 scales)
Strop: 15/55 laps (Tony Miller Heilroom Horse hide linen/leather)
Soapreme: Cyril Salter "Wild Rose" Shave Creme + Trumper's "Rose" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: D.R. Harris AS Milk
After Shave Splash: D.R. Harris "Pink" AS
Cologne: Penhaligon's "Quercus" EdT
Results: Another TERRIFIC run with the Wosty today...She is that good :001_wub:. The lather was very Rose-licious and superbly moist and abundant. Can't say enough about Trumper and CS line of products. All excellent in their own right. Another spectacular shave
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have an EXTRAORDINARY Thursday gentlemen
proxy.php

You running out of blades, Robert? Twice in the same week. I'll lone you one if needs be!!! Would my new Wosty do??!!:wink2::lol::lol::lol: Great shot, my friend.:001_smile:thumbup1:

Thursday

Brush Cup
Vintage British bakelite/porcelain boar
Vintage Rotbart Mond-Extra #15 with Perma-Sharp

Palmolive for Men Classic Shave Stick
Floïd Suave After Shave
Ferrari Passion EdT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Are you teasing me, Soren??:wink2: Still no mix!!! The shot is excellent though so I'll let you off this time!!!:wink2::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks, Bill.....likewise yourself.:thumbup1: I'm still on the fence over to buy that No.88 soap.:001_unsur

Thank you, David. I have to admit, that I'd not spend the money on it (especially not with the CNC bowl). It looks really cool, and it's a decent tallow soap, but there are much more economical ways to get the same performance!

Thank you, David. I have to admit, that I'd not spend the money on it (especially not with the CNC bowl). It looks really cool, and it's a decent tallow soap, but there are much more economical ways to get the same performance!

My thoughts exactly, Bill. It is essentially a Valobra soap, I believe?

Oberloser:

9/16 Vintage Tuckmar Welt Ruf, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
GB Kent BK4 Silvertip
Palmolive Stick
Alum Block
Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

Nice looking shave, David, and I'll bet the layering of that edt over that AS left you smelling great.

You running out of blades, Robert? Twice in the same week. I'll lone you one if needs be!!! Would my new Wosty do??!!:wink2::lol::lol::lol: Great shot, my friend.:001_smile:thumbup1:

:lol::lol:...I guess I am. Just didn't want to deal with the choice today. She's such a wonderful performer. Sheffield steel is quickly becoming one of favorites. I am sure your Wosty will be equally fabulous :thumbup1:

Gem Jr Lather Catcher
Ted Pella
Rudy Vey Finest Badger
Tet-a-Tet SC
Master's Lilac Vegetol Splash
Tet-a-Tet Balm

Attachments

• $gem.jpg
    $gem.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 95

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Gentlemen, all your B&W photos look truly AMAZING! :w00t: And I'm so happy that you are having so much fun with this weekly theme! Yes! :001_smile

Oberloser:

9/16 Vintage Tuckmar Welt Ruf, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
GB Kent BK4 Silvertip
Palmolive Stick
Alum Block
Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

Nice looking shave, David, and I'll bet the layering of that edt over that AS left you smelling great.

Thank you, Darrel.:001_smile

Pre-Shave: Hot shower + Whole Foods Grapefruit/Mint Bath soap + Chagrin Valley Conditioner Shampoo bar
Brush: 24mm Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Razor: 8/8" Palmera #14, Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point (w/ Black Acrylic scales - Done by Dylan)
Strop: 25/65 laps (Tony Miller Heilroom Horse hide linen/leather)
Soapreme: Cyril Salter "Indian Sandalwood" Shave Creme + QED "Indian Sandalwood" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue AS
Skinfood: Trumper's Sandalwood
Results: I gotta get me a Sandalwood AS and cologne to complement the soap/creme. Ideas? Anyways, the shave with the Palmera was amazing:001_wub:. But, no surprise there. I gave some of the brushes (including this one) a clean up yesterday and the performance improved 100%. The M&F whipped up an exceptionally good lather. The Sandalwood scent was out of this world as was the prep. Woooahhh
proxy.php
! This is exactly why I like being a man
proxy.php
. Let's see what this day has in store.

proxy.php

Have a FABULOUS Friday gentlemen
proxy.php
. Make it count.

An adorable shave and photo, Robert:thumbup1: I got the TOBS aftershave for my birthday, but to be truthful, I can't stand the stuff!!:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom