Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree shampoo

Shave:
PJ3 Super
new--to me!--Merkur HD (thanks Sean!)
Toms of Maine mint shave cream
Thayers WH
Proraso pre
Tabac cologne (thanks Sean!)

Got a very nice shave for the first time out of the gate with the HD--I can see why people like this razor. Its not the most aggressive machine, but feels very safe and smooth, and I sense that if I swap out the Merkur blade that I used this morning for a Derby or a Feather I may get an even better result.

Kyle said:
Merkur Slant Bar with Derby Blade
Simpson's Persian Jar 3
Pre de Provence Shave Cream
Thayer's Rose
Proraso Post
Givenchy Gentleman EDT
Hey Kyle, how do you like that shaving cream? I love the soap.
Cheers, DJ.

Merkur Futur razor
T&H brush
Penhaligons English Fern shave soap
Harris Milk
Penhaligons English Fern EDT

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Omega brush
Dovo straight razor
Arko "Lemon" shaving cream
St-Ives Intensive Relief moisturizer*
Caswell-Massey Greenbriar eau de cologne**

*excellent new moisturizer for me, it leaves my sensitive skin feeling great and really soothes it beautifully.

**Greenbriar is a nice cologne I suppose, it'll take me a little getting used to.

Jeff

My Hot-Sunday shave:

-Schick Injector
-SCS best badger
-PSO shaving oil
-DENÚ shave cream
-Spanish Floid AS

Thomas

Scotto said:
I must know how that soap is... Where did you get it?

Hi Scotto,

The soap is hardmilled just like Floris soaps. It lathers well and gives a very slick shave. I got it in a trade with Gordon. The same scent as English Fern. A wonderful soap indeed.

That is my favorite scent, bar none. The soap is ridiculously overpriced (~$54 before shipping), thus I have held off purchasing it.

Scotto said:
That is my favorite scent, bar none. The soap is ridiculously overpriced (~$54 before shipping), thus I have held off purchasing it.

You could just buy the soap cake for $25.

It's £20 in the UK... Grrrrr!

Jonnybc said:
You could just buy the soap cake for $25.

It's £20 in the UK... Grrrrr!

I've just realised that the wooden bowl costs $30 empty, how Penhaligon's can justify that I don't know!

Jonnybc said:
I've just realised that the wooden bowl costs $30 empty, how Penhaligon's can justify that I don't know!

Who the hell would buy a empty wooden bowl for thirty bucks!!!:confused: :confused:
Cheers, DJ.

40's Gillette Rocket
Merkur blade
Fresh Shaving Cream (brushless)
Thayers Rose WH
Baxters ASB
Creed Millesime Imperiale EDP

Dinder1 said:
Hey Kyle, how do you like that shaving cream? I love the soap.
Cheers, DJ.
In regards to the Pre de Provence shave cream, the jury is still out. Either I'm making an error in use or it is not so good. I plan on putting together a review once I've had a chance to use it a few more times. If anyone has used this cream successfully, give me a shout.

Kyle said:
In regards to the Pre de Provence shave cream, the jury is still out. Either I'm making an error in use or it is not so good. I plan on putting together a review once I've had a chance to use it a few more times. If anyone has used this cream successfully, give me a shout.

Kyle,

I believe it you apply a dollop to the top of the Pre de Provence soap that it works just fine!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Kyle,

I believe it you apply a dollop to the top of the Pre de Provence soap that it works just fine!

Randy
Eh? So what your saying is that ice does a great job of quenching one's thirst when placed in a glass of already iced tea?:tongue:

Top Bottom