What's new

Soaps/Creams Matching Aftershaves

There are soaps and/or creams that have aftershaves, like Speick, Tabac, and La Toja. I was wondering if all these aftershaves have the same scent as the soap/cream. The only one I’ve tried is Proraso red soap and aftershave. The scent is basically the same. Is it like that with all soaps and their aftershaves? They have the same scent.

I think it's fair to say the scents are complementary, but not always the exact same. An aftershave or cologne also has a different level of "projection" as compared with a soap. Here's a few examples:

Cella red tub has an almond or cherry-almond scent. The aftershave smells more like an Italian barbershop. Cella Bio has almost the same scent for soap and aftershave.

Speick stick has a spicy lavender scent. The aftershave smells more like 4711 cologne water.

La Toja aftershave reminds me of a weaker version of Drakkar Noir EdT, with a bit of menthol.

Tabac aftershave is very similar to the soap but it is really strong, so you probably want to go easy on it.

Razorock Saturnia soap has notes of "sulfur containing mineral salts". The aftershave has the herbal notes from the soap, but no sulfur notes.

I think it's fair to say the scents are complementary, but not always the exact same. An aftershave or cologne also has a different level of "projection" as compared with a soap. Here's a few examples:

Cella red tub has an almond or cherry-almond scent. The aftershave smells more like an Italian barbershop. Cella Bio has almost the same scent for soap and aftershave.

Speick stick has a spicy lavender scent. The aftershave smells more like 4711 cologne water.

La Toja aftershave reminds me of a weaker version of Drakkar Noir EdT, with a bit of menthol.

Tabac aftershave is very similar to the soap but it is really strong, so you probably want to go easy on it.

Razorock Saturnia soap has notes of "sulfur containing mineral salts". The aftershave has the herbal notes from the soap, but no sulfur notes.
Dank schoen.

Top Bottom