What's new

Soap Pass #1 Tracking Thread

:a50: Well guys it's officially here...The Soap pass has started.

Here is the order of the pass:

1. Mama Bear
2. Zeni
3. AlBaron
4. Lynchmeister (let me know if you have a prob. w/shipping to Canada)
5. Brian P.
6. Newfie
7. Smedley
8. Floppy Shoes
9. XmemnochX
10. Spattsnat
11. Peter322
12. Msandoval858
13. Edcculus
14. kefijlm
15. Baloosh
16. Taz
17. Bahamianlvr
18. Doc Mottern
19. BroJohn
20. Nikonf
21. Straight Arrow
22. Papasmurf
23. CapeCodJay

WOW 23 people! :stuart:

Again the starting contents is the following:

Soaps:
C&E Sienna
C&E Nomad
C&E Sandlewood

Cremes:
C&E Sweet Almond
C.O. Bigelow

Razor:
Brand New Fromm 5/8 Straight (Will need to be honed before use)
for someone looking to try straight shaving.

Mamabear - watch your mail :clap:

The package has arrived at it's first destination... I have added the following shaving soaps:

Gentleman's Lemon
Ylang Ylang
Fleur de Soul
Clove and Tangerine

also included:

Irish Glen Shaving Cream
Winter Aftershave Mauraders Citrus
Summer Aftershave Peppermint
Issy Sensual Bath Soap...
Aged Spice Cologne

I played with the straight razor and was so tempted to keep it... *sigh*

But off it goes tomorrow again! :001_tt1:

Jason, due to my proximity to the Border, here's a suggestion with the order. If there's anyone on the list in Detroit, you could put me after them if they would agree to meet me somewhere in Detroit and hand pass the box and I'll send it on it's canadian journey. Or it may also help if I were at the end of the Canadian list so I can bring the box back across and mail via USPS. I also don't mind making both border crossings with it.

Jason, due to my proximity to the Border, here's a suggestion with the order. If there's anyone on the list in Detroit, you could put me after them if they would agree to meet me somewhere in Detroit and hand pass the box and I'll send it on it's canadian journey. Or it may also help if I were at the end of the Canadian list so I can bring the box back across and mail via USPS. I also don't mind making both border crossings with it.

This is actually a really good idea. Shipments across the border (especially ones that are heavy, as this package will end up being) can take quite a while to go there, and then back.

This proposal will save me from having to ship a potentially large and heavy package across the border and to the other side of the continent... :biggrin:

Maybe someone can get that straight honed up along the way? I'd be glad to do it but it won't be headed my way for awhile.

This proposal will save me from having to ship a potentially large and heavy package across the border and to the other side of the continent...

Canada was a problem, if you want send the package back to me after you are done and I will forward it, if that will be better.

Let me know.

Maybe if it's okay with Jim (Newfie) we can swap places on the list. He's closer to the person after me and able to ship from within the US.

I will admit Canada was a problem, if you suggest an order I will make the changes.

No one signed up in Detroit, so no hand passing :( but we will just do Parcel Post across the boarders to keep the cost down to memeber, but will delay the pass just a little.

An advance thanks for you northerners for helping out!!!

Maybe someone can get that straight honed up along the way? I'd be glad to do it but it won't be headed my way for awhile.

I'll take a run at honing it. I haven't destroyed any of my own straights yet and have been shaving with a couple of Wapienicas I've honed myself and a Lynn Abrams honed Bismarck that I've touched up since the horrible stropping incident of May '07. Dark times.

I'd be interested in how well you, Dan and others think I've honed it. I'll see how a couple of pyramids go on the Norton and finish on a Belgian coticule.

snip...but we will just do Parcel Post across the boarders to keep the cost down to memeber, but will delay the pass just a little.
...snip

I always tell people not to use USPS Priority. It's a useless and expensive service to Canada, as the major hold-up is Customs, not the mail. The last 2 packages I've received from the States arrived in 6 working days or less. Parcel Post is fine. Just put a low dollar value on the Customs Declaration and mark it as a gift.

As a note, if whoever gets the package first in Canada get's tagged with Duties for some reason, LMK and I'll split the cost.

Top Bottom