What's new

Soap / cream blending.

I have done a quasi-uberlather recently.

RR Nervous Wreck + KMF unscented + Cremo

I have not felt anything else with the cushion this provided, it was insanely thick and protective. I probably did near a 5 pass with this chasing a BBS (didn't quite get there) with only moderate irritation.

Also in regards to scent, the vetiver soap on it's own I'm not thrilled with, nor the Cremo, but together they made something I literally craved the scent of afterwards.

I have been doing it since I started shaving. Tried some super slick Maca Root Shaving Cream and Cella Soap today, really nice combo.

To each his own. The soaps and croaps and creams I use provide great, slick, cushiony lather all by themselves. And I use a lot of them because I love the way they smell and wouldn't dream of mixing in something that would take away from those favorite scents of mine.

I don't normally do it myself, but when I make the LOTH some shaving cream, I always make her Super or Uber lather. I'll use whatever soap is at hand and add her choice of cream with glycerin thrown in on occasion. She's a DE user which is awesome!

Superlathering/uberlathering is natural for me. In everything I do, I enjoy trying mixtures of things, crazy concoctions like a mad scientist.

Most of my shaves start with a base of Arko on the face, and whatever new thing I'm trying on the brush (along with some glycerin -- and I get better results with much more than the oft-recommended 3 drops). I love the scent of Arko and lament its loss when something else mixes or overpowers it but more than any scent I love experimenting and getting ridiculous lather.

I have, so far, come across one combination that was too much. Arko + Cremo + glycerin = the razor can't reach my face. Sure is protective though! Could probably put that on the front of my car and never got a rock chip in my paint again.

After reading this thread (and the uberlather link) I understand more what uberlather is now and thought to give it a try. This morning I used Cremo Cream, Taconic Tequila Lime cream and 4 drops of glycerin. I guess technically the Taconic is a hard cream but did not think about that until I was in the middle of it all. Anyway I used my favorite brush (VHD boar) and whipped up a great lather. It smelled not so good at first because of the Cremo cream I suppose but after working the lather for a while the smell that came through was the tequila lime. I had a great shave with a thick lubricating lather.

Tomorrow I will go again, but with a soap.

I don't know if this is overkill, but I do this thing where I put in a few drops of glycerin, a small dab of slick vanilla gel, a bit of macca root shave cream, some Proraso and a very wet brush. Tingles, smells good, and is slick as bloody 'eck.

Top Bottom