What's new

So many decants! Where do I start?

My latest Archerfire order just came in, and I'm super excited, but I don't think that I realized exactly how many I ordered until they were all laid out in front of me.

The lineup is as follows, admittedly I got a bit excited and sprayed a few different parts of my body with different ones, rather than spraying labelled cue cards as I usually would, so I'll list any preliminary comments next to those I've sprayed.

-Profumum Acqua Viva - Wow, Archerfire was right, what a crisp citrus this is, very pure and straightforward, almost like straight lemon EO at the opening, I'm glad I picked this one up, my knee smells lovely!

-Floïd Mentolado Suave (Spanish) After Shave
-Creed Green Valley

-Creed Orange Spice - Far from a straightforward citrus, but I think it works, it's reminiscent to my untrained nose of some of the others frags I've tried, like Knize Ten, or Grey Flannel, and though I don't really understand those fragrances I feel that the citrus in the background really adds something worthwhile.

-Creed Spice & Wood
-Bois De Turquie
-Crown Spiced Limes (Vtg)
-Hermes Bel Ami (Vtg)
-L'Occitane Eau Des 4 Voleurs
-Amouage Silver

-Czech & Speake Neroli - Don't remember where I sprayed this, so I can't really contemplate it too much, but my first impression of it was that it was quite nice, certainly in the vein of what I was hoping for when I started this Don Marco inspired frag run, though less sweet than Don Marco

-Demeter Dirt - I only managed to get one whiff of this before it disappeared on me, as I'm already a little dirty after a night at work, but it certainly smells like it's namesake, not in a bad way though.

-Demeter Thunderstorm - Reminds me of the petrichor fragrance I was looking for, if a bit more plant-y. I'm keen to give this a wear and see if it hold up to any kind of scrutiny.

-Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
-Hermes Concentre d’Orange Verte
-Hermes Eau d’Orange Verte
-Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee
-Jacques Bogart One Man Show

-Thierry Mugler A*Men - Now, this one is cheating a little, I already had some teeny tiny decants of this and accidentally did a duplicate order, so I've given this a full wearing, I don't mind though, because this smells pretty amazing, though I feel it promotes self cannibalism. To be honest, it reminds me of Axe Chocolate, though with all of the benefits of it being a cologne and not a body spray, such as longevity, quality, and the ability to say "No, I'm not wearing Axe!"

-Tom Ford Private Blend Neroli Portofino
-YSL Kouros

My shelf is getting somewhat crowded now, not that I mind, it's really something exploring all of these different scents, I just wish I was able to understand them better, and take them apart note by note as some of you guys seem to. I suppose that's an acquired ability, all the same though, I'm considering using my wiki page to record my reactions to these, if that's allowed.

Thank you to anyone who read through all of that! Now I just wish I could remember what I sprayed on my right shoulder, what a comforting smell.

Man, smelling a knee reminds me of my yoga lessons back in the time when I got problems with my back.
That's impressive list of scents you've got there. Of those I tried C&S Neroli, Eau d'Orange Verte, Neroli Portofino and Kouros.
Hermes would be my favorite of those.

Man, smelling a knee reminds me of my yoga lessons back in the time when I got problems with my back.
That's impressive list of scents you've got there. Of those I tried C&S Neroli, Eau d'Orange Verte, Neroli Portofino and Kouros.
Hermes would be my favorite of those.

I'm quite excited to try the Hermes, so that will likely be the next I give a full wearing.

I actually had the strangest experience with Neroli Portofino. I realized that it was the comforting smell I couldn't identify on my shoulder, so after a shower I gave it a proper application.

Once I got to the drydown it became extremely apparent why I found it so comforting, as it's a carbon copy of the smell I associate with this girl I've known for almost a decade. I'm curious as to how it's possible, since her scent is comprised of D&G Light Blue, and various skin and hair products, and body mists, a very complex scent I always thought, but Neroli Portofino is that scent exactly. Odd.

Top Bottom