What's new

SmurfK's shaving journal

I love the Manna di Sicilia. I do agree with you that it isn't as fresh and the scent can feel a little heavy. Should be great for the fall though where it has a heavy citrus-y tone when you don't want something too woody. If you don't like it, I am sure you will find folks that would gladly take it off your hands. :p

Well, just to make things clear. When I say that I don't like it, it's more of an "not really on my alley" kind of thing. I don't find it bad, just not something that I really like. I will, most likely, use it, no problem there, just that I don't find it as good smelling as Dolomiti or Felce Aromatica. If this would have been my first shaving soap, I would have considered excellent. But as I try more and more soaps, I tend to be more picky.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Personna Med Prep (6)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap:
Pre de Provence Original
AS: Plant Activ after shave balm

Quick, simple and good shave today. Same good performance out of Pre de Provence, so no complaints. Semogue 830 held enough lather for 3 passes and it felt great. Close and comfortable shave. Personna blade started to loose the edge, but I'm sure that it will work great for few more shaves.

Just a quick note, if you want to be cost effective with your samples, grabbing ones of hard soaps is the way to go. Have about five shaves on the Pre de Provence sample, and I still have enough for two more shaves.

Shaves since the last nick: 2

Blade: Personna Med Prep (7)
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap:
Pre de Provence Original

Just a quick shave today, mostly to finish the Pre de Provence sample. Good shave, DFS, no complaints. Semogue 620 hold enough lather for three passes, so I'm pretty happy with that. Seems that it's getting there. Persona Med Prep felt very nice, even on 7th use, so I look forward to next shaves with it.

Blade: Personna Med Prep (8)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap:
PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
AS: cold water

Went for Nuavia Blu sample today. As I previously sniffed the samples from Shavedash, Nuavia Blu was the one that stuck in my mind. It was somehow familiar scent. It reminds me of carmol, a lotion that is usually used for treating colds. I find the scent in the same area. Spicy, and a bit floral. Plant Activ balm scent is in the same ballpark.

Performance... It was good. Good protection, not insane glide, but enough.

I think that I might buy this one.

Semogue 830 did barely hold enough lather this time. I should have loaded more, but it was fine.
Shaves since the last nick: 4

Blade: Personna Med Prep (9)
Brush: Omega 10066
Soap:
PannaCrema Nuavia Blu

Good shave, decent performance out of the soap. I'm still not finding it close to Saponificio Varesino or Nanny's Silly Soap in terms of performance. Due to that, I got a bit of irritation today, that got away once I applied cold water and aftershave. Might have been the blade. Oddly enough, Personna blade feels pretty close as it did on the first uses. I feel that it keeps the edge better than Feather.

The scent of PannaCrema Nuavia Blu is awesome. I would buy this one for the scent alone. When I smelled it the first times, I got goosebumps.

Shaves since the last nick: 5

Blade: Personna Med Prep (10)
Brush: Semogue 1250
Soap: Speick Shaving Soap Stick

Quick and easy shave today. Speick soap worked great, I'm getting better performance out of it than from PannaCrema Nuavia.

Personna blade still keeps an edge, no problems whatsoever.

Quick DFS without any hassle.

Shaves since the last nick: 6

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just read through most all of this thread. It seems filled with a bunch of code which gets in the way, but the content is excellent, and informative, and useful.

I suppose this is sort of a bump.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom