What's new

Smooth but not close?

I'm still learning my coti.Is it possible To get a smooth not pulling shave but not a close shave?Four passes but not really close like I like.I got one razor kick butt sharp,but haven't been able to reproduce that edge.All three are Helje's.

Yes, this indicates a slightly dull edge. If it doesn't pull, than you are on the right way, just try and you will be able to reproduce that magical edge. Have you tried to unicot the razor? It can help out with the last bit of sharpness sometimes.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I got a piece of felt sprayed with 0.1 CBN PIF'd to me from Riooso and ran my diluticot honed GD for 15 laps( although 5 was the recommended amount-I don't follow directions) and whoo wheee, sharp AND smooth. It was kinda unbelievable to be honest. ATG stroke from neck up around jaw to side burns in one pull free smooth stroke no scything, no guillotine, just zip like a velvet squeegee...YMMV of course:lol:

Try rinsing with water more frequently on the final strokes (every 5 or 10), and maybe even try adding in a little soap.

Top Bottom