What's new

Smoke This!...Why it pays to rotate your cigars!!! :-D

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Smoke This!...Why it pays to rotate your cigars!!! :thumbsup:

"When you check your hygrometer, do you assume that the RH% (relative humidity) is the same throughout the entire humidor? If your humidifier is mounted under the lid of your humidor and you have several rows of cigars, you may be surprised to learn that the cigars on the bottom row usually don't get as much moist air as the cigars at the top.

Check your cigars on the bottom and see if they feel a little drier by giving them a gentle pinch and compare their suppleness to the cigars at the top. Even if they feel about the same to you, rotating your cigars from the bottom up every 6 to 8 weeks will help ensure that all of your cigars are getting an equal amount of moisture. Moreover, you may find that you have fewer bad-burning cigars.

Finally, if you have a large number of cigars in your humidor it may seem like a lot of work, but take your time and be careful of the wrappers, especially if you've removed the cellos. That extra little labor of love will payoff in the long run".

By ~ G.K.

Read More: http://by167w.bay167.mail.live.com/...mid=8830c8e6-d8b8-11e1-a652-00215ad7ea3c&fv=1

proxy.php
"Smoking cigars is like falling in love. First, you are attracted by its shape; you stay for its flavor, and you must always remember never to let the flame
go out”!
Sir Winston S. Churchill

I have a tower humidor with a Cigar Oasis II in the bottom, I placed the controller in the middle just above the drawers, and installed a two fan adaptor kit with one fan 1/3 from the bottom and the second fan 2/3 from the bottom to keep good circulation. Additionally I have 80 pillows scattered throughout.

Top Bottom