What's new

Smith Corona typewriter repair in Louisiana

I inhereted the year last a typewriter, a Smith Corona, which is an electric. I noticed the A key gave rather light strikes such that with a new ribbon it sparsely indented the paper. The lone local shop does not repair Smith Coronas, so would anyone know where to find a good repair shop in Louisiana? Apart from a desparate need for a cleaning it works fine, minus the aforementioned.

Tomorrow I could upload pictures if helpful. If I cannot repair it, my other SL80 Smith Corona leaves much to be desired; it is likely I will acquire a manual, but the thrift stores seem to mostly have electrics...

shavefan

I’m not a fan
What model? I think some of those had adjustable strike pressure. If it "desperately" needs a cleaning then that may simply be the fix.

Google: typewriter repair shops Xavier University.

Directory by location. :)
I didn't know about the local places -- one of David Drive in Metairie, for instance. The article linked there is dated 2015, so it's possible they're still around. I have an ancient Underwood Standard model, probably 60 years old or so. Maybe they can get it working. . . .

Top Bottom