What's new

Smart helix razor

They claim a hand made product but it must have been machined. The razor does not interest me and those drillings to clear lather would be a nightmare to clean. I am sticking with my trusty Progress.

I don't think the attorneys at Rockwell would call the head design unique.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

+1! Not that original IMO.

Next question, ‘How does it shave?’ I would wait for some trusted reviewers, like the guys here on B&B!

Didn't notice that but it is similar.
That's what patents are for and Rockwell patented the flippable plate (though not their invention). Since the razor is manufactured in Ukraine its distribution outside N America wouldn't be an issue but i suspect US distributors of Rockwell might get a form letter or two .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IKon had a flippable baseplate before Rockwell even existed, and I don't think iKon was the first.

The French Bohin brand razor had a reversible plate back in the 30’s. IMO, the Bohin is one of the most beautiful razor designs ever made.

There are no new ideas.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately in this day and age, who came up with a great idea is not as important as who patented the idea. A bunch of others came up with a flipable base plate long before Rockwell, but Rockwell patented it and seems intent on enforcing it when they made folks selling the Ikon SBS to stop selling them.

Im curious too.

The handle is beautiful. If it's a really top tier shaver 275 is fine I guess.

I will say all of my "high end" razors have little tabs instead of circles to hold the blade. Surprised to see little cylinders on this one. I will be especially curious what blade alignment is like on this razor.

proxy.php

Fit and finish are excellent. The styling of the handle may not be for everyone but it feels great in the hand. The finish is an “industrial” polish, not mirror shiny, but looks very very nice.

The geometry looks different but is symmetrical and seems to hold the blade tightly.

Looking forward to the shaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom