What's new

slant to neck

Quick question for the shaving gurus here. I have been wet shaving for some time using a merkur hd. I was wondering how much of a difference using a merkur slant would achieve. The thickness off my beard is like barbwire.
Only with out pam anderson. In other words really course. I like using personna blades since when i use the feathers i seem to wind up baiting dracula. So any advise would be appreciated..

Haven't tried an HD, but I have tried a Slim, Fatboy, NEW, and a '56 SS.

My Slant is better than all of them. Less passes, less irritation.

Try it. The most you have to lose is shipping, you can easily flip it here on the BST (one you have enough posts, of course...)

Let me just say that switching to a slant and using a feather blade has *finally* allowed me to get BBS on my neck every single day without even a hint of razor burn, weepers, or irritation of any kind. With normal DE razors I could get BBS, but I paid the price with razor burn and red bumps. But the slant just mows through your beard so easily, that you get the best shave of your life with the lightest imaginable touch.

If you're having trouble on your neck with an HD, switch to a slant. And use the sharpest blade you can get (I prefer feathers). Slants work best with the sharpest blade possible.

The difference for myself was amazing. The slant was extremely smooth compared to my HD. The mantra of "absolutely no pressure!" definitely applies to slants though.

thanks guys for the info i am 99% sure i am going to get one in the next day or so. i will let you know how it goes.. If you dont hear from me i cut my throat......:001_smile

Let me just say that switching to a slant and using a feather blade has *finally* allowed me to get BBS on my neck every single day without even a hint of razor burn, weepers, or irritation of any kind. With normal DE razors I could get BBS, but I paid the price with razor burn and red bumps. But the slant just mows through your beard so easily, that you get the best shave of your life with the lightest imaginable touch.

If you're having trouble on your neck with an HD, switch to a slant. And use the sharpest blade you can get (I prefer feathers). Slants work best with the sharpest blade possible.

Tom that is exactly were it get razor burn on my neck from my hd and i am really pumped to see how this goes thanks again...

Top Bottom