What's new

Site slow to load / timeout

As the title says, the site is very slow to load, many times times out quietly. When it loads image loading performance is on par with dial-up modem times. It has been like this for days. I'm visiting from the EU.
Did anyone have similar issues?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As the title says, the site is very slow to load, many times times out quietly. When it loads image loading performance is on par with dial-up modem times. It has been like this for days. I'm visiting from the EU.
Did anyone have similar issues?

I had issues yesterday, but things seem ok today.

yesterday afternoon/evening I wasn't able to visit the site. hard to believe I'm the only one with these issues. I tried different devices and ISPs, it did not matter.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
yesterday afternoon/evening I wasn't able to visit the site. hard to believe I'm the only one with these issues. I tried different devices and ISPs, it did not matter.
I have had the same thing most days for the last week or so. It is usually in the evening UK time and loading is so slow the site is not usable. I take it as a cue to go and do something else, anyway I spend too much time looking at one screen or another. It is annoying though 👍

Device (and add blocking tools) play an important role. When I use the forum via pc and a browser (with add blocking): no problems. When I use it via my ipad in safari...... patience is needed. Hey, it is what it is.....

ps: from Europe as well.....

I was about to comment that the issue was gone, but then...
it seems it is not a cloudflare issue...
1714168230811.png

Reactions: Kix
It not the fault of B n B, it a problem with company hosting. Computer stuff don't work 24 x 7 x 366 perfectly, if they did there would be no support jobs.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Sounds like somebody needs to call Linus Tech Tips, and put in a support ticket. They got a guy there named Jake, who is their network expert, I bet he knows whats going on. Basic networking I can understand, and have had some training in that when I was younger. But once you take networking up to the enterprise level, using all this new modern technology they got today, I am totally lost lol.

I honestly never thought I'd see the day, when enterprise storage bays, would have internal computers inside them, with dual CPU's, and 256GB of RAM, just to power access to and from NVME SSD drives. But I guess companies that operate a 10gigabit ethernet network, require that level of bandwidth and throughput.

Whenever I watch video's from LTT covering advanced enterprise networking setups, that cost upwards into the millions, this is the look on my face.

Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

Top Bottom