What's new

Simpson Two Band Silver Tip?

I just saw on their site a couple of offerings in this grade. What are the general properties of it?
I have a Captain 2 in Best (soft, not much backbone) and an Eagle G3 in Pure (nice scrub, better backbone than the Captain - still would be nice to have more).

Shall I look further to Manchurian or could this be a viable option?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I honestly prefer the 2 Band Silvertip to the Manchurian. The Manchurian has a lot more scrub when new, the 2 Band has softer tips and feels more luxurious to me.

I'm with HeMightBeRight (sorry). 2 Band silvertip is my favorite for its balance of excellent softness and sufficient backbone (for my liking). It might come from its density? It feels lush and luxe to me.

Simpson Two Band SiLVERTiP is a crowd pleaser. Soft tips, a lovely springy backbone, nice flow through, often presented in a bulb knot. Lots to like. I currently have a Classic 1 on the way. They don’t come up all that often. These are luxury brushes.

Manchurian is a different breed of brush all together. Stiff solid backbone. Big range of tip softness from brush to brush. It’s a tough manly brush and more of an acquired taste. I like them but they’re not for the faint of heart.

So not so closely related to Manchurian but an alternative.
Scrub and backbone on my Zenith Manchu and Shavemac D01 Two Band are top notch maybe it’s time for some variety.

I have my eyes on a Commodore X1, any opinions?

Top Bottom