What's new

Shaving Samples for Sale

Kind of like when I casually polled interest in the T&H creams line, I've got another option I'm considering and I want to gauge some interest.

Who, if anyone, would be interested in samples of hard milled shaving soap? Basically they'd be about 1/4" thick and 1" by 1", a thin slice off the edge of a hard mill puck. I couldn't guarantee they'd all be like that, some might be 1/2" by 2" long or something like that, but you get the general idea of it.

Since hard mills last so much longer, I figure these samples would probably last a good 10-12 shaves at least. You'd have to figure out how to "stick" them to the bottom of a shave mug/bowl, or else lathering would be a pain. But it'd be a fairly inexpensive way to sample a shave soap.

I was thinking small $'s here too. Probably around $1-$2/sample, and shipping would be minimal if someone just wanted soap samples.

IF there is any interested in this kind of deal, below are the soaps I'd be offering at this point in time.

T&H Luxury
GFT Lime
Taylors Sandalwood
Pre De Provence
Provence Sante
Harris Lavender
Harris Arlington
Harris Almond
Harris Marlborough
Mitchells wool fat
eshave avocado & linden

Anyway, reply here if you're interested.

I wouldn't mind trying:

T&H Luxury
GFT Lime
Pre De Provence
Provence Sante
Mitchells wool fat
eshave avocado & linden

The idea is great but in the past that I have had problems in the past cutting soaps namely tabac and C&M sienna. They crack on me...maybe wasnt using correct type knife. It to bad they are like the glycerin soaps in which you could melt into small molds. Just hate to screw up an $18 puck. I am happy with the cream selection you have:001_smile

Just an FYI to everyone, my personal PC got totally jacked this weekend. Some kind of Malware/Adware got past my virus/internet software and has made my PC virtually useless.

I've got a couple of orders to process, and I'll be doing those by hand (sorry no printed labels at this point), so those orders won't be impacted. But I'd appreciate anyone who wants to order to hold off a few days while I get my PC straightened out. It's been a real nightmare, stupid PC.

I'll post an announcement once I'm back up and running. Thanks for your patience.

I'm seriously considering the soap samples idea. Would members prefer to receive a small sliver sample of shave soap, or would they prefer to receive a sample of soap that's been milled/grated?

I'm considering the milled/grated option since I could more accuratly divy out a sample. Slicing off a sliver of soap might result in some samples being smaller than others, along w/the possibility of some soaps cracking when sliced (eg, mitchells).

Update;

I'm out of the following creams;

Taylors St James
Nancy Boy Signature
Nancy Boy Replenishing

Also, I'm out of containers and have placed an order for more. I'll post another reply once I've got them in stock again. Thanks for your patience.

I apologize for the delay, but I've decided I'm going to have to take a temporary hiatus from selling shaving cream samples. By temporary I definitely mean temporary, meaning I'll be back hopefully within the next month to 6 weeks selling samples again. I've got way too much shaving cream to finish myself, and I want to keep providing this service to our member.

That being said, the reason I need to take a short break from selling samples is b/c my wife just had our first baby and the little guy is taking up the majority of our time, just like he should. I know it's only been a week, but I've already realized 2 things.

1) I'm so happy being a dad that if I could do it over again we would've started a family much sooner.
2) For guys that don't have kids yet...you'll understand #1 once you have them.

Congrats!

They're pretty terrific little things aren't they. You might want to give yourself a wee bit more time off. It takes a while to get used to functioning on 2 hours sleep. :Yawn:

Top Bottom