What's new

Shaving goods in Aberdeen?

So I'm going to be in Aberdeen, Scotland for ten days. With what should I feed my ADs?

Best I can suggest is a trip to John Lewis (department store - Bon Accord Centre, George Street, Aberdeen, AB25 1BW) where you should find Kent shaving soap refills (aka OEM Mitchell's Woolfat) for £4.95 each.

Other than that you'd be on a hit & miss tour of independent pharmacies that may have a few things or may have nothing at all.

So I'm going to be in Aberdeen, Scotland for ten days. With what should I feed my ADs?

Don't build your hopes up.:smile: Sceptic's list is an excellent resource.

If you come across stuff then great, but don't waste your trip scratching round for what will be slim pickings. The shelves of UK shops are not laden with Trumper and Castleforbes. Better off to see the country, breath the air and drink the local tipple. Apparently the whisky and beer ain't bad. An evening on that followed by a haggis supper from a decent chippie will sort you out:thumbup1: Plenty of HP sauce yum yum.

If you can find a genuine forfar bridie you'll probably be happy and only drink in "quarter jill" pubs. I lived in Braemar for a year or so and loved it. Get out there if you can, tho it is a bit of a drive, and hire a mountain bike and go up the Devil's Face the "wrong way", starting with the incredibly steep hill by the side of the Invercauld Arms and you'll have some fun. Or you could cycle out to the ancestral home of the Farquahason clan, whose tartan I am allowed to wear.

Top Bottom