What's new

Shaving gear at TK Maxx

Was in my local TK Maxx (Cambridge) looking for some new shirts and something in a nice green can with distinctive dark lettering caught my attention- a can of proraso foam! I immediately picked it up and had a look just in case there was more stuff. To my surprise I also found the red foam and cream as well as some Tabac after shave balm. There was also some of the blue proraso cream but I have not heard many good reviews on it so didn’t buy it.

All in all a good days haul, but ultimately forgot about buying a new shirt but ah well 😂

There are several stores in US I believe owned by the same parent company (TJ Maxx, Marshall's, HomeGoods, possibly others?) that sometimes have interesting items. I've seen what appears to be a Weishi rebranded DE razor in both TJ Maxx and Marshall's. It's nice to find useful stuff like that in a local store.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
There are several stores in US I believe owned by the same parent company (TJ Maxx, Marshall's, HomeGoods, possibly others?) that sometimes have interesting items. I've seen what appears to be a Weishi rebranded DE razor in both TJ Maxx and Marshall's. It's nice to find useful stuff like that in a local store.
Same here. I have not succumbed to actually buying anything, YET..... but I have not really run into ANY hard soaps, or frags that I just HAD to have, but my lovely War Department indulges me whenever we go to town....she can usually find a cheap outfit for next to nothing.

I came across Proraso foam, cream and balms in the Aberdeen TK Maxx branch as well (although I didn't pick any up). Their online site also quite often has various Floris and AdP products at reduced prices (I've previously picked up a lot of Floris EDT/EDP from their website).

I thought TK Maxx was a misspelling, LOL!
But I guess that's what it's called over there.
Here in the States it's TJ Maxx!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I thought TK Maxx was a misspelling as well, as I never heard of TK Maxx, but have heard of TJ Maxx. Its all about where you live. But come on guys, if your gonna buy some soaps and creams, you have to at least use them, otherwise thats quite wasteful.

Then again, if you buy a product just to PIF it off right away, out of acts of kindness, thats kindness of the heart. That makes more sense in that regard. Otherwise, please at least use the soap or creams at least once lol.

Every soap that I plan on buying this month, I plan to use. Of course, I am not buying 30 soaps either, so I know there is a very high chance, I will be able to try them all in a single month lol. In our local area, we have no DE shaving supply stores.

The most you find around here, is the same stuff most of you have, cartridge razors and cartridge razor shaving supplies like the razors, cart packs, shave gel's. You got into a Walgreens, thats what your gonna find, same for Taget, Walmart, etc.

It would be a magical wonderland to me, if we had a local brick and motar store, that was full of DE razors and DE shaving supplies. Oh my gosh, I can just picture the scent of the shop smelling amazing already. I am picturing wooden beams and paneling in the interior of the shop.

I am picturing B&W photo's in frames on the walls from a time gone past of gents trying our their first DE razors. I am picturing the shop being run by 1 possible 2 older men in their 50's or up running the counter. As you can tell, I have quite the imaginative mind.

But yet, thats how I imagine a local brick and motar true DE shaving supply shop to look. A welcoming place with courteous service. We do have a local beauty supply store in our town, mostly catered to woman of course, but they get terrible reviews, know why?

The ladies who run the shop, assume everybody is going to steal something. So every 5-minutes another staff lady comes around to mess with you, and the the lady at the counter, just stairs at you the entire time. Talk about a unfriendly atmosphere.

I tell you what, even if that beauty store sold something I would be interested in, I would never go in there. Multiple reviews on Google discussing the same exact experience, which shows a pattern, which shows truth. Thats not the kind of atmosphere you want to be in and subjected to, just saying.

Top Bottom