What's new

Shaving cream soap?

Morning gents. I was browsing the WCS (west coast shaving) website and saw they are selling the cella shave cream soap blocks. My question is what is shaving cream soap? Is it just Like any ordinary shave soap or different Thanks in advance.

Cella is somewhere between a cream and a soap -- closer to a soap. It is like putty. I call it closer to a soap since you load it onto your brush like any other soap and don't scoop out a bit with your fingers like you would with a cream.

It is somewhere near the top of my list of favorites, by the way. Anyone who hasn't tried it really should give it a go.

Last edited:
Bob's right. More soap than cream and like putty - you can squash it into your cheap container.

I'd put it near enough joint top of my list with Mitchell's Wool Fat. Wonderful, creamy stuff.

Gareth

R

rum

Cella is somewhere between a cream and a soap -- closer to a soap. It is like putty. I call it closer to a soap since you load it onto your brush like any other soap and don't scoop out a bit with your fingers like you would with a cream.

A very good answer.
Just wanted to add that Acqua di Parma is very much like this too. Arguably so are the Castle Forbes 'creams'.

The packaging uses the Italian word for cream, so it's often referred to as such. The method of use is definitely the same as a soap though, so that is what I generally call it. I would recommend it too, great stuff. The almond scent is quite nice as well. It's not the sickly sweet maraschino cherry scent most almond scented products have, it's more of a bitter almond scent.

Top Bottom