What's new

shavemac pure badger

Some time ago I was looking to purchase a Progress Vulfix - pure badger – London series shaving brush. Instead I ended up purchasing a shavemac in pure (20 mm x 46 mm) after the recommendations of old_school, concerning the supreme quality of shavemac pure badger. I ordered it with 46mm loft (I was afraid that a shorter loft would be prickly and with not good lather flow) the brush I got came with a loft of 48mm. I guess 2 mm give or take are inside the statistical error, and does not make any big differences in backbone.

This brush has the most ergonomic handle out of all my shaving brushes. The knot is bulb shaped and is perfectly symmetrical formed, not dense with a pretty good backbone. To my surprise, the badger hair is very thin, gray in color and has very soft tips. This pure badger brush has almost not scritch at all. For comparison purpose, my Kent H4 best badger is more scritcy. This brush it feels like a best badger in my face. Easiness to make thick lather, lather flow and precision is where this brush excels.

Αρχείο_002.jpeg

My only semi high end brushe is a Shavemac Finest, which is 70% Silvertip, 30% Pure. Excellent little brush. Might have to try a straight Pure knot.

taksig:

A handsome brush you have there love the tortoise handle, you have excellent taste! Your first shavemac?

While studying pure hair ran across several proclamations "pure badger will never touch my face!".

really? oh, ok... :a9:

Last edited:
taksig:

A handsome brush you have there love the tortoise handle, you have excellent taste! Your first shavemac?

While studying pure hair ran across several proclamations "pure badger will never touch my face!".

really? oh, ok... :a9:

Yes, this is my first shavemac and my first pure badger brush, but for sure not the last...thanks for your valuable recommendations.

Great find, an old school Rooney pure badger... bets you it is softer than a best badger..use it and tell us about it.

I have 2 pure (Shavemac) knots I enjoy using.They're not for everyone but I like a bit of texture to my brushes. Both knots are 25mm, one fan, one bulb.

Today's shave with a Simpson Eagle G3. I also have a Shavemac 25mm pure badger in the works with a custom handle I sent to Shavemac for the re-knot. I'll post impressions and pics once I have it in hand.

image.jpg

Yes, I'm enjoying it. I typically favor fans, and I was a bit surprised by how much of a bulb was on this one, but I'm finding it to be a fun brush. It definitely has some scritch, but I went in seeking that, as I have come to favor more texture in my brushes. It easily whips up enough lather for my two pass shave with some touch ups. The handle is very comfortable, as has been reported by others.

Top Bottom