What's new

Shave sticks really shine for travel

We recently returned from a fifteen day trip in which I purposely decided to not go minimalist on my gear. I have used shave sticks for home and travel for some time but find that because of my fairly large amount of product, they get used more for travel where they really shine in my view. This trip I took LaToja, Irisch Moos, and TOBS St. James as well as some tubes of cream. The shaving sticks perform very well and give wonderful shaves. I am doing more traveling again and I want to enjoy variety on the road and find that shaving sticks are a great way to accomplish this because they pack so easily. We are planning some more trips of this duration and longer so I am experimenting with travel gear. Shaving sticks have definitely earned a spot in the travel kit. I will post my thoughts on other gear in the appropriate forums as well.

Regards,

Doug

Doug, I totally agree with you. Shaving sticks are my preferred way when travelling and La Toja is one of my favourites. May I also suggest Valobra and Speick sticks too?

I've also been working out of town quite a bit this year. Lately Sir Irisch Moos has been the only stick I've taken.....I'm also a minimalist when packing. But next week I'm going to pack the Arko, La Toja, and Palmolive sticks. I don't necessarily like working out of town. But when I do, my shave sticks make it a lot more bearable.

It's a shame I didn't sort out a shave stick for my trip to Colorado. It would've been perfect, especially having never tried one. I'll have to make it a point to remedy that soon.

I always use a cartridge razor and a small can of goo when I travel. Good timing on this thread I'm taking a brief trip tomorrow. SO after reading this I packed my unused Speick stick, my Semogue 610 and a small handled New. I've never used a stick before. So it will be fun to see how I like shaving this way.

I love using shave sticks. Love Arko and Palmolive and have the following ready to try: La Toja, Lea, Speick, and Valobra. I like them for home use as well.

I have Palmolive, Valobra, LaToja, Wilkinson Sword and Speick sticks open and sitting in my cabinet. For a quick business or weekend pleasure trip, I grab one and toss it in the Dopp kit. When it comes to proper holiday, depending on destination, I will often pack a couple of sticks and also keep my eyes open for shave gear at my destination.

I'm going to travel for a couple of weeks from the beginning of August, and was debating whether to take a stick. I have Derby, GZD. Arko, Palmolive, and I think Tweex, which are all obviously quality sticks, but the issue is I don't have anything suitable for storage.

I'm going to travel for a couple of weeks from the beginning of August, and was debating whether to take a stick. I have Derby, GZD. Arko, Palmolive, and I think Tweex, which are all obviously quality sticks, but the issue is I don't have anything suitable for storage.

Wipe the stick on a towel to dry it when you are finished shaving and toss it in your kit. A dry piece of soap doesn't do any harm....

Wipe the stick on a towel to dry it when you are finished shaving and toss it in your kit. A dry piece of soap doesn't do any harm....

Actually I'll be staying at least 2 nights in a bunch of different cities, so I could even leave it to dry out in our room before packing away most of the time. It would be very handy, much more so than a bowl of soap....

i took Arko on my recent trip but only used once. Had a Mystic Water sample to use up and bought 5 palmolive sticks while in UK.

I have found that pill bottles from the pharmacy work great for many shave sticks.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom