What's new

Shark Super Chrome - YOUR OPINION?

This is a NEW, UPDATED thread for gathering user ratings for the Shark Super Chrome. The thread has been opened up to allow less experienced users an opportunity to contribute. Thanks to those more experienced users who already contributed to the recent Shark Super Chrome survey.

If you are an experienced user with DE razor blades and safety razors and have used the Shark Super Chrome enough to form a fair opinion, then please read carefully and contribute ratings for the Shark Super Chrome. Usernames and individual ratings will be collected in a table and added to the Shark Super Chrome's B&B ShaveWiki page, while overall user ratings will be added to the Comprehensive DE Razor Blade Data Table in the B&B ShaveWiki.

We are making the DEFINITIVE table for DE razor blades! This thread is a part of that long-term project.

The official period here lasts for one week. Thanks for your consideration, and special thanks to those experienced users who contribute ratings.

DEFINITIONS

• SHARPNESS is a measure of how efficiently the blade cuts hair compared to other blades. More sharpness correlates with (a) less drag, resistance, and tugging due to easier cutting of hair, (b) closer shaves, and (c) less needed strokes and/or passes per shave.

• SMOOTHNESS is a measure of how well the blade provides comfortable and bloodless shaves compared to other blades. More smoothness means less irritation and redness and less nicks, weepers, and cuts.

• LONGEVITY is a measure of how long the blade lasts compared to other blades. More longevity correlates with more strokes, passes, and shaves.

• NUMBER OF SHAVES is the number of shaves that you get with the blade up to when you feel that the blade has significantly dropped in performance

• TYPE OF SHAVES is the type of shaves associated with the number of shaves. The type of shaves may be the typical face (and neck) shaves, or it may be another type, such as beard trimming shaves, head shaves, head-then-face shaves, etc.

GUIDELINES

• SHARPNESS, SMOOTHNESS, AND LONGEVITY are relative to other blades on a SCALE FROM 0 (LEAST) TO 10 (MOST). A rating of 5 is right in the middle.

• MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM ratings capture VARIATION ACROSS MANY SAMPLES of the same blade, ignoring the rare or occasional dud or bad sample. If you feel that a property does not vary across samples, then enter the same value for the minimum and maximum ratings.

• Leave ratings BLANK if you AREN'T SURE, especially for LONGEVITY and NUMBER OF SHAVES due to the disposal of blade samples before they wear out. Those who keep using the blade well beyond the noticed drop in blade performance could provide ratings for longevity and number of shaves that don't correspond with actual blade usage.

• Ratings do not have to be in whole numbers

LESS EXPERIENCED USER RATINGS FORM

If you can provide fair ratings based on less experience with the blade, then please copy and paste the following form and add your ratings in your reply:

I understand the OP and am rating the Shark Super Chrome as a LESS EXPERIENCED USER
Sharpness (0–10):
Smoothness (0–10):
Longevity (0–10):
Number of Shaves (≥0):
Type of Shaves:

MORE EXPERIENCED USER RATINGS FORM

If you can provide fair ratings as a more experienced user of the blade, then please copy and paste the following form and add your ratings in your reply:

I understand the OP and am rating the Shark Super Chrome as a MORE EXPERIENCED USER
Minimum Sharpness (0–10):
Maximum Sharpness (0–10):
Minimum Smoothness (0–10):
Maximum Smoothness (0–10):
Minimum Longevity (0–10):
Maximum Longevity (0–10):
Minimum Number of Shaves (≥0):
Maximum Number of Shaves (≥0):
Type of Shaves:

Last edited by a moderator:
As a less experienced Shark user (who does not include these in my rotation) here are my responses:
Minimum Sharpness (0–10): 4
Maximum Sharpness (0–10): 5
Minimum Smoothness (0–10): 5
Maximum Smoothness (0–10): 6
Minimum Longevity (0–10): 5
Maximum Longevity (0–10): 5
Minimum Number of Shaves (≥0): 4
Maximum Number of Shaves (≥0): 6

Hope this helps!

Thanks, [MENTION=94606]BigJ[/MENTION]! :thumbup1: Based on your response, it is clear that you had enough experienced to fill out the "more experienced user" form, but understandably labeled yourself as not one of the most experienced users since you do not use Shark in your rotation. I have improved the survey for next time thanks to your details. Thanks!

Has anyone here used at least two samples of the Shark Super Chrome, feels that he can fairly rate the blade, but hasn't done so yet? You can go up to the OP and use the shorter ratings form to provide average/overall ratings. If you have experience with many samples and would like to provide more data, you can use the longer ratings form and provide minimum and maximum ratings. :001_smile

Minimum Sharpness (0–10):10
Maximum Sharpness (0–10):10
Minimum Smoothness (0–10):10
Maximum Smoothness (0–10):1p
Minimum Longevity (0–10):10
Maximum Longevity (0–10):10
Minimum Number of Shaves (≥0):14
Maximum Number of Shaves (≥0):28
Type of Shave - 3 pass face and neck

I've lost count of how of theses I've used in the last two years. I like them so much that I bought 1000 of them at one time.

Thanks, [MENTION=93996]DCRIII[/MENTION]. I'm sorry about any confusion that I might have caused for you and others that provided ratings in the earlier thread. I see that your ratings are the same as before and I already have them recorded. This thread was meant to open up ratings to less experienced users, but no one has used the shorter form yet. I would have thought that there would be some guys that tried the Shark Super Chrome and could provide fair ratings with the shorter form. Oh well.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
We are making the DEFINITIVE table for DE razor blades! This thread is a part of that long-term project.

The official period here lasts for one week.

I'm not sure if I'm past the one week mentioned, but regardless, here are my ratings. I've used the Shark Super Chrome in two razors. A Gillette British Rocket Flare Tip and a Gillette NEW LC. As I'm still testing blades in my two razors I only use each blade once to narrow the pack. Hence the Longevity being blank.

I understand the OP and am rating the Shark Super Chrome as a LESS EXPERIENCED USER
Sharpness (0–-10): 8
Smoothness (0–-10):10
Longevity (0-–10):
Number of Shaves (0-10): Gillette NEW 1 shave. Gillette Rocket 2 shaves.
Type of Shaves: One pass WTG, one pass ATG on face and neck plus touch ups.

Thanks, @Esox. This was one of the earlier surveys that needs to be redone to fit with the updated survey methodology. In the near future, I'll start a new thread and send a message to you and others about contributing in the new survey.

Top Bottom