What's new

Seiko Vs Citizen

Well, now that you have made your choice, I will say that I have not owned a Seiko or a Citizen, but think that the Seiko has the great advantage of being served by modder artisans. That is worth something, when you want something that is just a bit different than stock.

I started off with a Seiko, switched to a citizen eco-drive, much nicer IMO. Both good brands, i just prefer citizen's "flashy" style more.
Yes, think Citizen Eco Drive are by far the better, and this for two reasons: One, because their Solar system is more advanced than the Seiko one and so, they do not discharge so easily, accumulating more energy; secondly, because Seiko already had a big failure with their awful kinetic energy, which made the watch to have to be constantly in your wrist to be moving for if not it got discharged. That failure on the Seiko side made it an unreliable trademark for me. They moved into manufacture solar powered watches, afterwards, but do not think will ever again buy a Seiko after that nasty experience. Have to say am the proud owner of two stylish blue dial Citizens (one of them radio controlled too), and they are extremely precise and robust watches. Really, Citizen is an excellent, reliable trademark.

I have both an older kinetic and newer eco drive and both keep excellent time, the kinetic I keep in a winder and I know there are those that say kinetics can't be kept wound in one but mine has been in a winder for weeks and never loses a minute, the power reserve never goes past 5 until I wear it for the day the it goes all the way full.

I'm a walking "Confessions of a wristwatch addict".

I know this thread goes a ways back in time (no pun intended) but I periodically go through extreme cases of WAD (Watch Acquisition Disorder).

Great read, as are all those concerning the devices that manage our daily affairs, the humble wristwatch!

i own a silver solar Seiko and a gold solar (ecodrive) Citizen. Which I wear depends on the days attire. Suffice to say each has seen a great deal of duty over the past several years. Each has been flawless. I would highly recommend either mfg.

Eco-Drive radio-controlled World Perpetual AT is a regular wear for me, and always my choice when I'm travelling.
it's no hassle self regulation is great, and it doesn't mind not being worn for a few weeks. it just goes to sleep and then wakes up and resets to the correct time.
One of my favourites

Top Bottom