What's new

SE advice wanted

I have been getting great shaves from a variety of SE razors I own - Gem Damaskeene, Jr., G-Bar.

While I get an awesome shave, BBS all the time in areas I typically can't with a DE, under the nose is problematic.

My nose is quite average in size, but I have a tough time getting under there without resorting to pulling out a DE for that area. I have tried several angles but maybe I need technique advice.

Thanks.

Try using the "corner" of the blade to get beneath the nostrils. Allows me to get as close as you'd ever want to get.

DD

Try using the "corner" of the blade to get beneath the nostrils. Allows me to get as close as you'd ever want to get.

DD

Stick your tounge under your top lip and that will help.

+1 to both! Give going left/right and right/left a try, also. Or, open your jaws but keep your mouth closed. I've never had a real problem going any direction when using these three little techniques.

P

Pjotr

I have been getting great shaves from a variety of SE razors I own - Gem Damaskeene, Jr., G-Bar.

While I get an awesome shave, BBS all the time in areas I typically can't with a DE, under the nose is problematic.

My nose is quite average in size, but I have a tough time getting under there without resorting to pulling out a DE for that area. I have tried several angles but maybe I need technique advice.

Thanks.

If there is a draw back with SEs it's the size of the head and the working angle which means there's a lot of contact area and not a lot of room to work in small areas like under the nose. A north-south pass is almost impossible. I've got a mo so the alternative east-west is also out of the question. I basically use an open comb DE with a nice thin old type design head. Works fine but without the mo I'd also be looking at ways to just use the SE.

I can usually clear that area with an SE, following the curvature of the nostril with the corner of the razor. If I'm having trouble I clean it up with a Schick injector.

Or you could use an OCMM - soon that pesky nose will be just a fond memory...:tongue_sm

Top Bottom