What's new

Sdm84's journal

Hi everyone- we made it through the storm only losing one tree, but we will be without power for the for foreseeable future. Best guess from FPL is next Friday- ugh. Summer in Florida and no air is really tough.

We are sleeping at Amys parent's house just too unbearable to sleep in the house.

A bright spot today...

Spectacular shave with a ERN Crown and Sword that I honed a big chip out of, restored and made custom scales. This was my hurricane project and it came out great- ESPECIALLY the honing!

For my first attempt at scales I didn't do too bad- the wedge is a .45ACP lead bullet so that ups the "man quotient" lol!

Cream and after balm both by Crabtree and Evelyn (Indian Sandalwood) this stuff is top notch!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to hear that you and Amy made it through the storm ok Owen. Outstanding job on the Crown & Sword, that looks phenomenally good!

Great Stuff Owen What did you hone the chip on a 1000? and great looking razor. Prayer to you guys continuing

Thanks Dave. The chip was so big I had to re-profile the heel with my dremel! I honed on my DMT 8c until the edge matched the spine then normal progression. I am learning a lot about repairing razors.

Thanks for the prayers means a lot. We will get past this :)

Great to hear that you and Amy made it through the storm ok Owen. Outstanding job on the Crown & Sword, that looks phenomenally good!

Thanks Josh. If we ever are faced with a hurricane again I think I'll take a two week vacation to the other side of the world lol! Been through too many.

Thanks for the kind words on the razor I'm really happy how it turned out. Lots of character [emoji23]

Hurricane razor restoration...makes sense to me.
Good job, the razor looks nice. I hadn't thought of the lead bullet. I did one with a nickel, never again. Those nickels are HARD.

Merry Christmas All! I am hopelessly behind in all of your journals and have been so busy haven’t had time to write a decent entry in my own journal.

My beautiful wife got me a terrific present:

proxy.php

Truly blessed to be with my soul mate who “gets me” right on honey!

I have been spending a lot of time improving my honing skills and have met some wonderful folks in one of the honing Facebook groups. I hope to share here soon.

Hope all is well Owen! @Sdm84

Hi Craig- still here just hopelessly behind in everyone’s journals. I’m talking a thousand plus comments lol!

I have been really upping my game with honing and strop making. I’ll try to get to posting about what’s going on.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone’s been up to!

Top Bottom