What's new

Schick hydrosense

The cart is probably no different from a Hydro 5. It's the handle that has additional features.
Perhaps my post was misconstrued by yourself ... my post asked if anyone had used these cartridge razors as in the cartridge razor as a whole, not just the cartridge head with the blades alone.

I find that the Hydro5 Sense is different than the regular Hydro5.
Even though I shaved with the regular version many years ago, I had a cartridge laying around and I remember comparing the 2 cartridges and seeing some differences in the blade design.

About the handle, it helps you apply less pressure but if you also shave with DEs and are proficient in it, I don't think you get a great advantage by buying it.
If you have a normal Hydro handle around I would try it with that handle.

About the shave, I think it's fantastic.
For me, it's the smoothest shaver and very efficient, my favorite cartridge by far.
Also I find it last way longer than the previous ones i used (the most recent being the Mach 3). With the Mach 3 (and other systems) I would get about 4 shaves and now I get 10+.

I find that the Hydro5 Sense is different than the regular Hydro5.
Even though I shaved with the regular version many years ago, I had a cartridge laying around and I remember comparing the 2 cartridges and seeing some differences in the blade design.

About the handle, it helps you apply less pressure but if you also shave with DEs and are proficient in it, I don't think you get a great advantage by buying it.
If you have a normal Hydro handle around I would try it with that handle.

About the shave, I think it's fantastic.
For me, it's the smoothest shaver and very efficient, my favorite cartridge by far.
Also I find it last way longer than the previous ones i used (the most recent being the Mach 3). With the Mach 3 (and other systems) I would get about 4 shaves and now I get 10+.
i couldn't agree more. it's one of my two preferred carts together with Dorco pace 6/DSC.
proxy.php

it's a pic showing my two carts razors, the hydro sense on the left and the DSC on the right (dorco blades but you know DSC are made by dorco)
The Wilkinson handle threw me off, and I could not tell what the cart on it was. Yeah, I knew DSC was rebranded Dorco.

I am stating the obvious but Wilkinson Sword equals Schick and vice versa in Europe and North America.

I am stating the obvious but Wilkinson Sword equals Schick and vice versa in Europe and North America.
yes of course. Schick/Wilkinson are the same thing, youst different brands of the same owner (Edgewell personal care). More interesting, now they acquired Harry's! And not only that, but Raider & Mayfiled will be CEOS of the US headquarters!

Top Bottom