What's new

Savile Row SR3824 Review Thread

Does that mean we have a winner? Holy hell-- didn't think you would love this so much more than the Shavemac and PJ3. I sure wish Charles would expand his line of handles in the silvertip range to include faux tortoiseshell.

Thanks for doing "the hard work :)lol:) for this type of thing-- it really does hell noobs like myself make informed decisions when making a big purchase.

Also, there's no 3824 on Charles' site... could you mean 3124?

Does that mean we have a winner? Holy hell-- didn't think you would love this so much more than the Shavemac and PJ3. I sure wish Charles would expand his line of handles in the silvertip range to include faux tortoiseshell.

Thanks for doing "the hard work :)lol:) for this type of thing-- it really does hell noobs like myself make informed decisions when making a big purchase.

Nope - it is a 3824. I dunno if he still makes them, or if it isn't on his site... unfortunatly, most of the stuff charles sells isn't on his site :wink:

The review was spot on about SR quality.

I mercilessly whip badger batter up with a l'il 3118 & lemme tell'ya, it's never dropped a single hair. That is amazing. All them hairs packed into the knot & not one of them
has fallen out even when the brush was brand new.

While it's brutally & efficently beating cream (or soap equally well) into a lovely meringue, it's lovely to feel on the face. Very Soft tips but stiff, not squishy action. You can almost feel each whisker being massaged into prime cutting position. It's a great lather on the face brush. Heck, an SR will lather anywhere...

I would absolutely not hesitate to buy another SR brush and would recommend that any shaver could buy them in confidence that they are getting something very special delivered to their door.

As an added bonus they are very very competitively priced.

You may wish to look at the first post in this thread.

What I don't get is if Charles is such a perfectionist, why does his website, well... Uhm... why is it so less than perfect?

What I don't get is if Charles is such a perfectionist, why does his website, well... Uhm... why is it so less than perfect?

That's the problem.. If he was not quite such a perfectionist, he probably would have had a new one up (several times over).:a52:

That's the problem.. If he was not quite such a perfectionist, he probably would have had a new one up (several times over).:a52:

But surely he (you) realize(s) that such a level of abomination is costing him (you) significant revenue in Sales, on an ongoing, daily basis?

I'm sure he's (you've) been told that numerous times, by any number of people. Perhaps one day soon he'll (you'll) refresh the entire layout and put all the wonderful items that aren't listed on it? That would be sweet.

:wink: :wink:

Time to email Charles to inquire about a 3828 in ebony. I really like the contour of that 38XX handle.

Not sure if he can put a different size knot in the 38xx style handle or not but it's worth a shot. I know you can custom order them in ebony if you don't mind waiting the extra time.

I was lucky enough to score an ebony 3824 not too long ago in the B/S/T forum

full

full

It is really a great brush.
Personally, I can't see myself using anything bigger so I'm going to be ordering a 3320 soon to use as my "small brush."
You can't beat the prices - truly excellent value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron, do you know if the different series of brushes use the same knot? Meaning, do the 3124, 3324, and 3824 brushes all have the same knot?

Not sure if he can put a different size knot in the 38xx style handle or not but it's worth a shot. I know you can custom order them in ebony if you don't mind waiting the extra time.

pics of great looking brush

NICE. That seals it. Gonna have to see if he can custom work me up a 3828.. or maybe a 3830! :eek: :out:

Top Bottom