What's new

Savile Row Brush News

Ron - this is a great post, thanks a ton for your efforts.
I will be buying a new brush soon and I've pretty much decided on a Savile Row but I couldn't find an easy "all-in-one" reference page for them anywhere - until I found this thread.

See - some people actually do use the search feature :thumbup1:

Maybe if we all just email Charles 50 times a day with questions, he will be forced to revamp the website and keep it current. :biggrin:
My heart soars like an eagle to see that these posts are "FINDABLE"! I keep on Charles, but he's afraid if he advertises the brushes he might just sell them.:biggrin:
I have asked him to get a photo of the entire lineup.. Hah! Fat chance. :cursing:

Surely there's an enterprising web guru on here that might offer to re-vamp Charles's website for a free brush or case of shave sticks?

Heck, once it hits summer I'd offer, but I don't know anything about merchant and database software.

Here is the 32MM next to the 22MM

full

SR3332 on its own...
full

Kind of like a Cruiser versus a Destroyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely there's an enterprising web guru on here that might offer to re-vamp Charles's website for a free brush or case of shave sticks?

In all honesty, I don't think Charles really wants his website updated. People might actually order off of the automated system and not call him. :biggrin:

He's obviously doing fine & runs a great business, but he could be making so much more money....impulse buys, newbies to wetshaving, people searching the internet for supplies - all these people would be giving him more business if his website was updated and fully functional.

Oh well, I'll keep ordering from him and contacting him first whenever I "need" a product. No telling what would happen to my bank account w/ a current QED website.....

Thanks for this thread Ron. After getting scared off Simpson brushes by the quality issues, I've started looking pretty hard at Savile Row, but was a little confused about the series numbers. This thread definitely helps out.

The only reason i keep putting off ordering from Charles is his website

Give him a call or email him with any questions, you'll quickly forget about the website. Nothing like old-world quality service, which is exactly what Charles provides; it is as much a pleasure ordering from Charles as it is using his grade-A products.

Give him a call or email him with any questions, you'll quickly forget about the website. Nothing like old-world quality service, which is exactly what Charles provides; it is as much a pleasure ordering from Charles as it is using his grade-A products.

I agree. You are missing out on some fantastic products and dealing with a top notch individual. Don't even worry about the website, shoot him an email or give him a call and he will take care of you.

Originally Posted by momo360 View Post
+1 on this. And don't worry about the quality of the SR brushes, I would put them up against about anything!

Fred

+2 on Charles and SR brushes. Probably my favorite brush as well as the best quality and price. Eventually I will break down and buy that 32 mm Monster!

John

+2 on Charles and SR brushes. Probably my favorite brush as well as the best quality and price. Eventually I will break down and buy that 32 mm Monster!

John

+3, I got my SR 3226 from Charles and it is my favorite brush, by far. I have been using it for 13 months, now.

Tim

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I've had my 3226 for about 11 months and it is easily one of my favorite brushes. Although, I have started to sell off some of my larger brushes and making the move to smaller brushes, this one will always stay in the rotation. I have an ebony SR 3318 in hopefully arriving Monday. :thumbup:

+3, I got my SR 3226 from Charles and it is my favorite brush, by far. I have been using it for 13 months, now.

Tim

How does the quality of Savile Row compare to Shavemac/Edwin Jagger??? I think I have my next purchase narrowed down to these. 24 to 26mm knots. I think they are all in the $115 to $135 range. Kris

How does the quality of Savile Row compare to Shavemac/Edwin Jagger??? I think I have my next purchase narrowed down to these. 24 to 26mm knots. I think they are all in the $115 to $135 range. Kris

Well, I don't have a Shavemac, so I can't make that comparison. But, I have two Edwin Jaggers and I prefer the Savile Row.

Tim

Top Bottom