What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, October 2012 - Frankenrazors

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
My Merlux (Merkur head, Polish-made Lux stainless handle)

proxy.php

Gillette Goodwill head on one of CoonCat Bob's Bull Mastiff handles. I had to have the handle tapped deeper to fit this head.

Been using this combo about 15 months.

This thread inspired me to clean it and snap a picture.

proxy.php

Here is a very well balanced and smooth Frankenrazor. A Tradere SB head paired with a Edwin Jagger Sophist wood handle.

Attachments

• $DSCN2307.jpg
    $DSCN2307.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 126
  • $DSCN2306.jpg
    $DSCN2306.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 125
Did you match that one up yourself or did you find it that way? That could conceivably have been how it came originally if it postdates the Gillette/Auto-Strop merger.

Got it that way off of EBay - my guess it that it was originally sold that way - but I can't say for sure. Even so - it's a Frank.

Got it that way off of EBay - my guess it that it was originally sold that way - but I can't say for sure. Even so - it's a Frank.

I don't know... If it's original you might have to call it more of a product of mixed breeding than a frankenrazor -- a razor liger, if you will. :laugh:

Happened to swing by so I'll play. Here's one of my favorites, a Muhle D89 head with a Merkur heavy 23C handle.
The handle has been filled with lead shot to make it heavier. The balance on this razor is GREAT.

Attachments

• $100_0265.jpg
    $100_0265.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 86
  • $D89-23C.jpg
    $D89-23C.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 86
  • $100_0264.jpg
    $100_0264.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom