What's new

Rust on razor

So I was cleaning in my room..I can across my frist razor and it has sone rust on it..I how can stop it..It was sold me as stainless steel..

I red hear on BB that your supose remove the blade after each shave and dry it with alcohol.
You're not followinb the rules.

I red hear on BB that your supose remove the blade after each shave and dry it with alcohol.
You're not followinb the rules.
Lol, never done that and have never had a problem with rust, tea stains or threads locking up or freezing.

This is probably overkill, but I rinse and dry my razor after every use and dunk the blade in food safe mineral oil. Yes, I'm obsessive compulsive! lol

I alternate between putting a tiny bit of mineral oil on and under the blade before loading, and just doing a 30 second hot water rinse after the shave, and with either of those methods, I have never gotten so much as a tea stain.

I usually go for the hot water rinse since I'm too lazy to apply mineral oil each time I change a blade, and it gets a bit messy if you aren't careful. This is the one I recommend trying first since it requires almost no change to your routine, and if it doesn't work then you can start applying some mineral oil.

I've done this with 303, 304 and 316L steel razors without any problem.

I'd also much rather risk some tea stains (which are really easy to buff out if they even do happen) than wearing out the razor's threads from screwing and unscrewing so frequently.

Top Bottom