What's new

Royal Blades

Anyone ever try these? I saw some at Big Lots. They say "Compare to GEM" on them. I never got a good shave with GEM blades, but I was wondering how these compared.

Tim --

I don't know about the Royal blades. A couple of months ago at a Dollar store, I bought some PAL single edge blades. No, these were not 'paint scrapers', and the packaging indicated/illustrated that they were for shaving. I got two to maybe three decent shaves from each blade, but man, they were rough.
I mean *really* ROUGH.
attachment.php

I'm currently waiting for a split order of Pellas in a trade with a fine B&B'er. I've found GEM blades to be pretty good overall, but pricey. I'm hoping the Pellas are a good blade, as a bulk purchase puts them at a good price point.

-- John Gehman

Tim --

I don't know about the Royal blades. A couple of months ago at a Dollar store, I bought some PAL single edge blades. No, these were not 'paint scrapers', and the packaging indicated/illustrated that they were for shaving.

The ones I saw said they were for shaving or scraping....

:biggrin:

Guess I missed that one. . . :blushing:

-- John Gehman

I mean that's what it said on the Royals I saw. I never saw any Pals. I forget the price on the Royals. I'd get them to try them, but I'd never gotten a good shave at all from a single edge. Ah well. Cheaper this way.

WTH is Vydax?:tongue:

Maybe it's me, but if a blade is tough enough for scraping, I don't know if I want it anywhere near my face.

Marty

WTH is Vydax?:tongue:

Maybe it's me, but if a blade is tough enough for scraping, I don't know if I want it anywhere near my face.

Marty

Vydax® is a Dupont dry film lubricant which includes Teflon. Isopropyl alcohol is the solvent used in its application.

HTH. (Google is your friend.)

-- John Gehman

Just "google" Pacific Shaving Company. The links come back to the company that sells Pacific Shaving Oil (oft referred to as PSO) and Nick Stick. They offer no blades. Go ahead and save a few dollars. It is your face.

Randy

Top Bottom