What's new

rooney question

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Hello all,

I am thinking of getting a Rooney 1/1 in finest. I don't want to commit the money, however, unless I am absolutely sure that the brush is, in fact, the Rooney 1/1 finest. I found a dioagram of it on the store website, and the loft looked to be a little big. Would any of you brush experts be able to confirm whether or not this is, in fact, a Rooney 1/1 in finest? Your help is tremendously appreciated.

Hello all,

I am thinking of getting a Rooney 1/1 in finest. I don't want to commit the money, however, unless I am absolutely sure that the brush is, in fact, the Rooney 1/1 finest. I found a dioagram of it on the store website, and the loft looked to be a little big. Would any of you brush experts be able to confirm whether or not this is, in fact, a Rooney 1/1 in finest? Your help is tremendously appreciated.

Looks about right. If you want to make sure, call them up to confirm the size and order.

You can trust a...well, trusted vendor like classicshaving.com.
But to answer your question also, that brush looks right. I have the super and it's a great brush, but I've been wanting to try a finest

This isn't some eboy vendor. If a company like classic say's its finest then that's what it is. If it isn't you'll know the first time you use it.

Yes that is the 1/1 finest in faux ivory. Take a look at the same brush with a faux horn handle before you make a decision. Both handles are beautiful. I have a 2/1 in super and just like cfriend said, It's SUPER! You can't go wrong with Rooney.

Tony

Rooney prints the hair grade on their brushes opposite the Rooney logo. If you get anything other than Finest, you'll know immediately.

When I was shopping for a Rooney, there were a lot of posts on the site discussing that the loft of the Rooneys sold by Vintage Blades is higher than the loft of those sold by Classicshaving.

I bought the 1/1 based on the high marks it gets from B&Br's, but I've ended up using it as a travel brush because I find it too small for daily use. It's a great looking brush, but it doesn't work well for me.

When I was shopping for a Rooney, there were a lot of posts on the site discussing that the loft of the Rooneys sold by Vintage Blades is higher than the loft of those sold by Classicshaving.

I bought the 1/1 based on the high marks it gets from B&Br's, but I've ended up using it as a travel brush because I find it too small for daily use. It's a great looking brush, but it doesn't work well for me.

All that talk about Rooney lofts varying by vendor, was only true for a very short time. The Rooney brushes sold from both vendors are now the same.

-Andy

I just purchased a Rooney in Super Badger from Classic Shaving, and they sent exactly what I was expecting. If the website says "Finest", I think you can trust that they will deliver it.

Top Bottom