What's new

Rockwell 6S and plate scraping.

67891151_470877117069041_6411904178813140992_n.jpg

Do others have this problem with their 6S ? Mind you I bought the razor used so it could be user error from the previous owner.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
On the bright side..... It will not ever be perfect again, so any further damage in the future won't bug you as much. Maybe?

Well it isn't a functional problem but just a cosmetic "problem" But I guess it's on the bottom so who cares.

there isn't a problem there its just wear and tear from the rotational screwing action of tightening the top down. but if it worry's you maybee you could make like a plastic washer/shim to protect it .

Are you sure it won't just wipe off?

Had exactly the same issue with mine and it wiped away with a damp cloth.

Sadly it won't wipe off. In the photo it looks like a black smudge but up close it's the exposed steel underneath the matte finish. Time to polish it :), nah jk I don't have the tools or patience for such dyi project. But I have seen polished 6S and they look great. Thanks for the info, I don't have many razors to compare to so that's why I asked. My other razor is the 2C from Rockwell as well which has the same "problem" . Wish it would have a slot for the handle to go in without scraping it. Just like the DE/R 89

Attachments

• Muhle-Edwin-Jagger-Replacement-Head-R89-2.jpg
    Muhle-Edwin-Jagger-Replacement-Head-R89-2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 18
It's a sign of use and wouldn't worry me, but if there's a concern it could happen to any razor bought in the future then an M5 nylon washer would sort it. They cost next to nothing.

Mine has this too - i wonder if its from tightening the handle too tightly? The Karve SS came with a warning to not over tighten the handle.

Also, the Karve notes that the nylon washer which is in place during shipping should be removed as this will change the geometry of the razor.

It's a sign of use and wouldn't worry me, but if there's a concern it could happen to any razor bought in the future then an M5 nylon washer would sort it. They cost next to nothing.

+1! This is to be expected with use IMO! Don’t let it worry you and you will do just fine.

It's a tool, mine might be that way too. You're getting your moneys worth by using it. You might polish or some way to change the look, put a colored small plastic washer on to cover it up. If it keeps buggin' you.

Top Bottom