What's new

Robeson resto

I happened upon this Robeson Shur Edge this afternoon. As you can see it's a bit on the rough side so I decided to try my hand at another resto. I'm up to two now, ( this is my second) and I'm getting hooked on these things!
Besides the blade, the scales were pretty sorry as well. I knocked out the pins, cleaned the insides ( Man, was there crud in there) buffed them to a shine, redid the outsides working out the dents, chips etc.and polished them. And then went after the blade. There is still dust and wax streaks on it in these photos' (static cling) but it cleaned up rather well all things considered for only a couple of hours work. I like the hammering on the tang and I didn't see the serial number on the tail when I got it. You can read it clearly now.
Now , before I set the pin I think I'm going to make a set of scales for it. I liked making my first ones and needing a razor to play with this just happens to fit the bill rather than taking apart one of the others for no better reason than to just play.Then again , there is something neat about having the original scales that are now in good shape.
I think I need to find razors with totally trashed scales to play with now. Then there is no second guessing myself.

Thanks guys, you make a newB feel pretty good!
I am hooked on these and just did another between last night and this AM. It's the Keystone thread.
Thanks again.
Mark

Top Bottom