What's new

RIP - Philip Seymour Hoffman

What's wrong with people? Don't they know that drugs are for poor folks to escape the misery of their own existence for a couple of hours?

Not trying to hijack the thread or start any trouble or anything, but please clarify this as sarcasm for me.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't recall ever seeing a movie with him in it, that I didn't like and recommend.

Very sad news and what a shame all because of drugs.

Well, there was Twister, but I disliked it because Bill Paxton is my nemesis.

Not sure I understand your post and in the long run does it really matter if I do. A very talented individual indeed but I could name a few. Sad news for sure.

I can't name a better actor.

What's wrong with people? Don't they know that drugs are for poor folks to escape the misery of their own existence for a couple of hours? How could such an intelligent person do such a thing to himself? He could have had a successful career for at least another twenty years and raked in $100 million. Shame.

Sorry, this one. Moving on.

I liked his acting and he had some of the greatest performances of the last 20 years, but in the end I can't respect any man who chooses heroin over his three kids.

I'm no expert by any means, but I have worked in substance abuse while in the Air Force and I can tell you, that until you've experienced a physical and mental addiction, you really have no idea of how it consumes you. He was an adult and made bad choices, but he didn't choose heroin over his kids. He chose to continue to abuse heroin because his brain told him he had to in order to not feel "sick" and this dose was probably stronger than he'd had or maybe he injected a little too much, or he may have had something else in his system that strengthened the effect of the heroin.

Until/if there is an autopsy we won't know. There is also the possibility that he did it on purpose for some reason.

That's terrible to hear and even worse that it was drug related. He was one of my favorite actors of his generation. Undeniably very talented.

RIP

I am saddened by the horrible news. So many great performances: Punch Drunk Love, The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Big Lebowski....on and on.

Heard the news first here at B&B. I'm shocked and saddened. Had no idea he was a heroin junkie. I'm pissed off at him for his selfishness and also sad for what he must have been going through. RIP PSH.

After Jack Nicholson retired, PSH was making a legacy as one of the best actors around. There aren't too many who even come close.

Such a terrible waste of life and talent. Hopefully his death helps people see the folly in enforcing drug use as a criminal act rather than treating drug addiction as a disease.

Heard the news first here at B&B. I'm shocked and saddened. Had no idea he was a heroin junkie. I'm pissed off at him for his selfishness and also sad for what he must have been going through. RIP PSH.

Lots more reports coming about about what was found in the appartment and what he was saying weeks/months ago about spiraling out of control.

All over a quick fix and the stupid personal decision to start using in the first place.

Top Bottom