What's new

Review of Calvin Klein Coleman jacket

I purchased a Calvin Klein Coleman jacket on deep discount over the Christmas holiday. The jacket runs large and will easily fit over a suit jacket or another layer if you order your regular suit size. Gentleman with a midlife middle will also likely find the sizing generous. My only additional cost were sleeve shortening by my tailor.

The jacket features two slash hand pockets on the exterior and one internal breast pocket. The internal breast pocket lacks a button closure of any kind which is really the only shortcoming. Jacket length is mid thigh with my size 46 sample.

The jacket is a poly/wool blend. The polyester content is a bit higher than I prefer but that is really a preference. The jacket is well constructed and features an interior quilted lining with diamond baffles. An integrated bib front with zipper closure and inner turtle neck collar add substantial warmth in the neck area. Four button closures further cover the inner bib and provide a warmth holding benefit. An additional throat button closure completes the high external collar. This jacket provides excellent neck and throat coverage.

The jacket has substantial weight. No doubt this contributes to its excellent warmth. I have worn this jacket several days now in single digit temps including lows of 5 and 7 degrees. The jacket was word over a Barbour polar quilt vest over a dress shirt. With appropriate headwear and a heavy English wale corduroy pant I never felt cold. My daily commute includes a walk of approximately a mile.

I highly recommend this jacket for its weight, warmth, and comfort. Those in milder climates where daily lows are in the upper to mid 40 degree range may find this jacket too warm.

Top Bottom