What's new

RetroRazor Faux Badger Shaving Brush

http://www.amazon.com/RetroRazor-Fa...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1241113231&sr=8-2

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k...tion=view&current=phto0024.jpg&t=124111304869

I have been using this brush for a few weeks now. I previously
was using an Eveready Boar Brush and a Travel Boar Brush. This brush gives
more lather with less effort than my boar brushes. It is softer and less coarse than the boar brushes. I still do not know if I prefer the coarseness of the boar, or the softness of this brush.

It is made of synthetic nylon bristles. I do not have to feel guilty over the deaths of boars and badgers. The wood handle is durable, feels sturdy and has a nice wood design. It looks much better in person, than the pictures.

The nylon bristles are remarkably soft. The bristles resemble animal hair in softness. The hairs are soft and springy. They are not stiff, but not squishy either.
My wife cringed when she touched it, because she thought it was the real thing.
I thought the hairs would be coarse because of the nylon; but they are not. The brush absorbs just the right amount of water to make a great lather. I can easily get 4 passes worth. It dries quickly (5-10 minutes usually). By the time I have everything cleaned up; it is dry and ready to be stored away.

The nylon hairs are dyed to look like badger hair. The hairs are really soft and thick. They also bloom very well. I am very happy with the purchase. It is much better than I expected. The price is very reasonable ($16).

The thing has been shedding about a few hairs each week. But it really is not noticeable. My boar brushes were shedding much more. My boar brushes have been lasting a year or two. I hope it lasts much longer than that,

I did see a clump of glue on top of the handle. I could probably scrape it away
carefully.

I am not sure of the knot density. It is thicker than my boars, but not too thick.
It is about 25mm. I am not sure if I measured correctly.

I did take it on the road. It gave a nice rich lather and dried quickly. I just through it in my dopp bag when done.

Glad you like it, Mr-Scruffy!

We searched High and Low for a quality Synthetic with a renewable handle - we are trying our best to reduce plastics and animal products from our gear. We figured Nylon that will last for a while is the best choice.

My Mother in Law uses the brush to put on blush, for what it is worth!

Chadd

Top Bottom