What's new

Recommend me a top performing cream

Taylor of Old Bond Street by a mile.

+14 on that one! :thumbup1: Ridiculous how easy it is to lather Tobs, And, you can make it as-thick and as-cushiony as you like!!

Also, LOVE C O Bigelow.

+14 on that one! [emoji106]1: Ridiculous how easy it is to lather Tobs, And, you can make it as-thick and as-cushiony as you like!!

Also, LOVE C O Bigelow.
T he body shop Maca is a very good cream.
+2 for the CO Bigelow, it is free same as Proraso Green

$creams.jpg

Last edited:
Castle Forbes is the best cream I've ever used, but it ain't cheap. Otherwise, Proraso, TOBS, and Cella. I'll have to say that Cella smells so good I could eat it...but have restraint. :w00t:

Gonna disagree with all the Taylor of Old Bond street recs. Yes, it is easy to lather, but that's about it for me. For OP who has spent the past 2 years using MdC I would recommend Castle Forbes.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
XPEC and Castle Forbes Lime or Lavender. All three are superlative overall creams. Not cheap however.

Craig

+1 For me the Castle Forbes costs an extra one half of one cent a day over Proraso. I would add Ultimate Comfort as a fine cream, but not quite the equal of CF.

I'm loving TOBS Jermyn Street. My other creams are collecting dust. I used my KMF Lavender today and was reminded how much better the TOBS protects my face.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies gus! In the end i order The body shop Maca root cream and Bio-palmyra. If i don't like them... at least they are not very expensive :D

IMO, nothing made by Creighton's (TOBS, Trumpers, T&H, Cyril Salters, The Body Shop Maca, and I am sure many others) measures up to Castle Forbes. There are a few performance exceptions (TOBS Avocado) that do separate from their siblings but as a whole, there are better lines.

- Castle Forbes - Lavender (Haven't tried lime...yet)
- Proraso - The whole line-up is great but I especially enjoy the Blue and White offerings
- The Art of Shaving - Immediately draws jeers because of "Business-side" qualities but they make a great cream especially Sandalwood

I have purchased but yet to try: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet and recently reformulated XPEC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom