What's new

Razorpit/Blade Buddy

I've used a Razorpit for years and it's saved me alot of money. I also got my S.O. a Blade Buddy (it works similarly). These have been about the only "seen on TV" gimmick that's actually worked well. It more or less doubles the lifespan of a blade or cartridge.

proxy.php

I got a blade buddy and maybe it’s just me but I didn’t find that it did much for my Trac II or Atra carts . Maybe psychologically the blade last 1 or 2 shaves longer or maybe I just “wanted” them to.
Anyway I don’t use it anymore . I only use my carts for a weeks worth of shaves and they easily last that long without needing a blade buddy.

I have heard of a fair number of people who like it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a blade buddy and maybe it’s just me but I didn’t find that it did much for my Trac II or Atra carts . Maybe psychologically the blade last 1 or 2 shaves longer or maybe I just “wanted” them to.
Anyway I don’t use it anymore . I only use my carts for a weeks worth of shaves and they easily last that long without needing a blade buddy.

I have heard of a fair number of people who like it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some trouble with Trac II's with the Razorpit, and it's not a razor I often use, so I can't really give alot of input.

I think it works best with modern multiblades with a suspension system. When I have seen it demoed, some gentle downward pressure is used. The razor should leave a relatively clean track behind its wake.

I had some success with the Gillette Guard. I could get 12 shaves easily out of a blade easily, instead of 7. With a Sensor, I only noticed a gradual decline in the performance, eventually I would just get tired of the blade after 2 weeks or so. I really didn't keep track of how long they lasted, TBH... when the blade got dull, I just tossed it.

When it works you see the blades restored to a bright, shiny appearance on the edge.

I am curious to try it out with a Mach 3 Turbo cartridge, since those have better blade coatings. Some people have used them for months even without RP/BB.

I've used the Razorpit with a few of my cartridge razors and it does seem to improve shave performance and add to cartridge longevity. I'm currently using it with a Bic Twin Sensitive Select disposable and 8 shaves in, so far so good!

It kind of seems to work like a rubber strop for the cartridge blades, they come out looking nice and shiny after each session.

I've used it with Bic singleblades with alot of success. It also works with injector razors.

I haven't had as much luck with DE razors. Perhaps because the angle can vary.

I've used the Razorpit with a few of my cartridge razors and it does seem to improve shave performance and add to cartridge longevity. I'm currently using it with a Bic Twin Sensitive Select disposable and 8 shaves in, so far so good!

It kind of seems to work like a rubber strop for the cartridge blades, they come out looking nice and shiny after each session.

I don't think it's quite like stropping or conventional wiping. It removes soap scum and debris, but it seems to leave the coating intact if used according to directions.

Getting a decently slick lather is also important.

Top Bottom