What's new

Razorock sloc vs paa nickle plated doc?

I don't know what to expect from either one of these. I hear good things from the sloc but the paa doc seems nice as well. I'm kinda new to de, I own a van der hagen and have used disposable my whole life so I don't even know if i prefer aggressive vs non aggressive. The sloc that I ordered which has not arrived yet came with the bulldog handle and the paa that I could get is the original nickel plated doc. Which is better, does the paa have a better build quality?

Look up old reviews of the PAA, for what I can remember the original was the mildest of the bunch, with the following models being fairly aggressive.

The Sloc is an excellent daily driver.

For the original PAA DOC, there were complaints it was so mild that it was difficult to get a good shave.

The RR SLOC is a comfortable shaver, I would say right in the middle of the mild to aggressive scalar. Good for days you want a comfortable shave.

If you're into Frankenrazors, the SLOC is more adaptable since it is a more tradition post design. The PAA head is a bit proprietary and won't fit in many combinations.

I have had both, plus the Yaqi SLOC. I PIFed my RR head, still have the Yaqi head (extremely similar) and the PAA nickel DOC. The nickel on brass PAA DOC is the best build in my opinion. I also prefer its shorter, very grippy handle to the big RR handles. The PAA has alignment bars instead of posts.

The DOC head shaves fine for me. I don’t see much difference in the three heads for shave quality. I would agree with @Atlantic59 that these are middle of the scale on aggression and efficiency.

I would replace my DOC if lost, not the others.

I should add, I really like RazoRock, but mainly for their machined SS heads and their great customer service!

Ok thanks. That's pretty much the reviews I have seen, the paa doc original too mid, the rr sloc perfect. I just don't understand why they didn't modify the head a little so it would not be the exact head of the yaqi?

So yaqi does not sell it as well?
Yaqi has a store on AliExpress and they have their version in several different finishes, not just the chrome.

You can also buy the head from Amazon for $5 with shipping included. That's what I did and it took about two weeks to arrive. It works fine.

Razorock is working on a new version of the SLOC that will be milled and looks like it has a different design, from the photo.

Top Bottom