What's new

Razor ID

Hi all,
Hi, anybody recognize this razor I picked up with some others. It looks to be a diecast metal, 3 piece, no markings.
proxy.php

Thanks, country Joe

I would take a "Wild A-- Guess" that it's a Muehle - based on the styling of the head. Let the expert's chime in.

No clue. I've seen quite a few, but that one is a new one on me. My guess, based on the shape of the head, mostly, is Hoffritz. Something about the guard looks like a slant, except not slanty.

-Mo

Could be anything. I don`t think that it is a Gillette, but I have to leave everything else wide open for speculations. The design is so common, and there have been so many companies who built DEs in it`s days. We even don`t know all of them so if there is no marking on the razor it might almost be impossible to determine what it is.

That there sir, is a Cooper. Made in Brooklyn, N.Y. Do not know much else about them. I owned one for a time. Mine shaved well. It was an open comb and I was not well versed in handling it at the time. Mine was aggressive and handled good. The handle is actually hollow like the ball tip new's but if I recall, it was a bit thicker and had some weight to it.

That there sir, is a Cooper. Made in Brooklyn, N.Y. Do not know much else about them. I owned one for a time. Mine shaved well. It was an open comb and I was not well versed in handling it at the time. Mine was aggressive and handled good. The handle is actually hollow like the ball tip new's but if I recall, it was a bit thicker and had some weight to it.

Could be... see here:
Here

The head also resembles some of the Barbasol razors form the 1930's.

Ok thanks, now I can see what info I can find about it.

Also gotta figure out why I didn't get any enail notifacation about the responses, I used to.

See ya, Country Joe

Picked this up the other day, a black coated Gillette Tech with black plastic case and the box it came in. Is there an name for this? Military?

proxy.php

See ya, Country Joe

looks like a contract Tech, probably militatary (Krumholz page 278), but I don´t have seen him in the black plastic case. Normaly is a 1940 Tech with plastic handle in this case (Krumholz page 273)

Thanks, just because that's the way I got it doesn't mean that is the way it should be.
I think I've seen the plastic handled one in this case, actually might have a razor hanging around.

Thanks, Country Joe

As usual I was paying attenion, right on the side of the box it has the patent numbers for the razor and patent numbers for the plastic case. Guess they go together.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Here is a Cooper that I have. The handle looks the same as what you've got pictured there, but you can see the difference in the head, this one an open-comb.

Top Bottom