What's new

Rant....Crocs

Yes, that's one good thing about Fridays here! With constant hot weather, the girls tend to wear small amounts of clothing...

I have no problems with it when they are on their time. When they are at work they should dress like it. They hooking or stripping then wearing next to nothing would be fine.

They want equal rights but let some guy walk up wearing a hankie as a shirt and their butt hanging out a pair of shorts see what happens.

I would never wear them in an office setting, but Crocs are by far the most comfortable "shoe" I've ever worn. There aren't many shoes that fit a 14 extra wide better than my Crocs Offroad. I wear them in the yard, house, on the deck. They were perfect at the beach (and float when they come off in the water). I also find the style and colors attractive. But I'll take bold and chunky over most other styles six days a week.

That said, I'd never, ever wear them into an office. Then again, if I had my way, I'd never go into an office again, period! (working on that plan right now. . .)

I had to laugh at that, when I am at the post office I see a lot of medical professionals weaing scrubs and crocs, nothing against the scrubs.
That was their original design purpose... for operating rooms (bunny suit slippers went over them).

I always hated Crocs as the ugliest, most obnoxious shoes I ever saw. I went on an outdoorsy trip once and completely drenched my shoes and needed something fast. Got some Crocs. Man, I hadn't had comfort like that in a shoe in a long time. I love the support of real shoes but those Crocs are nice. I think a bit on the large side helps them breathe but I've never felt the least uncomfortable in them. Come to think of it, I never had any near death experiences on wet surfaces either. They are wonderful, horrid shoes.

I'll admit it. I drank the kool-aid back in the day and bought a pair to wear around the house, etc. I was smart enough to not go outside wearing them, although they're not bad on road-trips...

I've gone to using them as my slippers, and for that they do a nice job. They have their place, but the list of places is very limited.

Cheers

I'm proud to say I have worn these almost everyday the last two summers..
proxy.php

unless it is extremely wet I plan to wear these everyday this winter.
proxy.php

if I decide I should dress up a little I wear my Uncle Larry's
proxy.php

Last edited:
Blue Racoon: I've been looking for those "summer" ones in my size. Would go well if I have to wear jeans in the warm months. (Fortunately I went from May to October without that need.) But even now they would go well with jeans as I recover from a foot injury.

Blue Racoon: I've been looking for those "summer" ones in my size. Would go well if I have to wear jeans in the warm months. (Fortunately I went from May to October without that need.) But even now they would go well with jeans as I recover from a foot injury.

and the best part is when they get dirty you toss them in the washing machine and set them out to dry.. take maybe a couple of hours and then they are good to go again.

What gets me is how Crocs have managed to sell so well but Birkenstocks haven't. Birkenstock make great footwear, but I have noticed it's almost impossible for me to wear them without the "birkenstock shuffle". The healthy position it puts your foot in radically alters your gait. Might be a big reason, as Crocs give you bounce.

Crocs and pajama pants.. The official wardrobe for teenagers and 24 hour store patrons..
Munchies?

I'll admit it. I drank the kool-aid back in the day and bought a pair to wear around the house, etc. I was smart enough to not go outside wearing them, although they're not bad on road-trips...

I've gone to using them as my slippers, and for that they do a nice job. They have their place, but the list of places is very limited.

Cheers
I have thought about getting a home pair to walk around the house.

and the best part is when they get dirty you toss them in the washing machine and set them out to dry.. take maybe a couple of hours and then they are good to go again.

I use clorox wipes in the hospital

I have to agree with you - Crocs are certainly not appropriate for the work place unless your workplace is the hospital (doesn't seem to be an issue there) but real shoes are much more appropriate for almost every other job.

Lot of guys used them as shower shoes deployed, the model with the ankle strap.

Worst case scenario you start taking incoming you can do the wet naked running dive into a bunker and not tear up your feet.

At least two friends of mine did so (somewhat clothed) at Balad. Turned out the rocket didn't hit near them but it was close enough to get their attention.

I work in the game business, where flip flops and Converse or Vans are normal, and hiking boots are 'somewhat dressy'.

Game designers tend to be a very comfort-oriented type but considering a workday can last in some cases 50 hours straight........there is reason.

Top Bottom